Turn on thread page Beta

Too creepy with age gap? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

So Im a third year student, 20 Years old and one of the youngest in the year. Matched and started speaking to this girl on tinder who is 18 but she's in her last year at sixth form. Now if she was 2 months older she'd be a first year at uni which would mean it'd be absolutely fine to meet up with her etc in my opinion.

But does the fact that she is still a sixth former make it weird and a bit creepy if I were to meet with her for a date or whatever. I think if I pulled her on a night out it wouldn't be considered that bad but are these circumstances a bit too much?

ReputationRep:
    Yep, it's creepy. You must be the same age.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nah I think you're good.

ReputationRep:
    It's only 2 years difference and you're both adults. You are fine lmao.
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    She's over 18 and you're 20, I think the fact she's over 18 helps. I was 18 when I went out with my first boyfriend and he was 21. However we were both at uni, so that might make the difference...

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's creepy. I met my boyfriend whilst I was in sixth form and he was in his third year. As long as both parties are over eighteen, go for it

ReputationRep:
    It's fine

ReputationRep:
    She's over 18 you're good

ReputationRep:
    It really isn't an issue...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Shes over 16

ReputationRep:
    If you like each other and have compatible maturity, then of course it's fine! When I was 17, my boyfriend was 29, so you really have nothing to worry about...
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    No, not really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD_95)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

So Im a third year student, 20 Years old and one of the youngest in the year. Matched and started speaking to this girl on tinder who is 18 but she's in her last year at sixth form. Now if she was 2 months older she'd be a first year at uni which would mean it'd be absolutely fine to meet up with her etc in my opinion.

But does the fact that she is still a sixth former make it weird and a bit creepy if I were to meet with her for a date or whatever. I think if I pulled her on a night out it wouldn't be considered that bad but are these circumstances a bit too much?
    It's a two year age gap stop being weird it isn't even something to worry about.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD_95)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Perfectly fine. I was 17 dating a 19yr old.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend at 18 was 24, it was never a problem. 2 years is nothing!

ReputationRep:
    I started going out with my husband when I was 18 and still in college (just finishing). He was 20 and was starting third year in uni. No one cared about the age gap. It's perfectly fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The problem is more of both of you having to use tinder to find a date in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't HAVE to use tinder to find a date....just so happens that this particular date is as a result of being on tinder

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 19, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.