Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I feel detached from people watch

Announcements

I have a pretty large group of friends, although we're all really close I feel very detached from them, which I guess seems kind of contradictory. I feel I can move to anywhere in the world and I wouldn't care about not seeing them again, this applies to my family too. I just feel really distant and detached from everyone, anyone feel similar?

Yeah I know what you mean. You are close with them, yet feel distant and kind of on the sidelines, though I prefer it that way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have a pretty large group of friends, although we're all really close I feel very detached from them, which I guess seems kind of contradictory. I feel I can move to anywhere in the world and I wouldn't care about not seeing them again, this applies to my family too. I just feel really distant and detached from everyone, anyone feel similar?
    Nobody in my real life is exceptional enough for me to miss. I want to leave if I am honest. I say I love where I live, but that is because I haven't lived anywhere else.

ReputationRep:
    I know exactly how you feel, its really lonely.

you're deffo not alone

you know what you need? you need to go out there, move to another city or country or something, and meet new people, change your lifestyle

when you know someone for long enough you begin to resent them - it's inevitable and possibly the reason so many people who are in good close relationships begin to drift away

change isn't a bad thing

ReputationRep:
    I felt this way for quite some time - Years. I've met someone recently though that i've become really close to. It's refreshing.

ReputationRep:
    you're deffo not alone

you know what you need? you need to go out there, move to another city or country or something, and meet new people, change your lifestyle

when you know someone for long enough you begin to resent them - it's inevitable and possibly the reason so many people who are in good close relationships begin to drift away

change isn't a bad thing
    Move away? You're basically saying that their current friends aren't 'good enough'. Appreciate people for who they are.

ReputationRep:
    you're deffo not alone

change isn't a bad thing
    Yes . Maybe you're in the wrong place . I used to live abroad and I was very unhappy . To be honest , I didn't care about my friends at all even though I loved them . It was such a weird feeling towards them , then many bad things happened to me and I decided to go back home , I just realised that I was in the wrong place with the wrong people that was why I was not very concerned about them.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone with half a brain feels distant from others sometimes it's a problem if it's constant.

If that's the case see a counsellor.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 19, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.