Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got BBCC in my A-levels in Maths, History, Economics and Psychology (dropped Psych)
    I'm predicted AAA. School usually predict 1 grade higher but because of extenuating circumstance it moved from AAB to AAA.
    Planning to apply to:
    Bristol - Eco - AAB (contextual)
    Exeter - Eco - (A*AA - AAB)
    Leeds - Eco - (AAA to ABB) depending on Access to Leeds
    Edinburgh - Eco - ABB min. entry requirement
    Essex - Eco - BBB

Is it likely that I would get offers or are my choices far to aspirational?
    Any reply would be useful feedback
    Thanks,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student1245)
    I got BBCC in my A-levels in Maths, History, Economics and Psychology (dropped Psych)
    I'm predicted AAA. School usually predict 1 grade higher but because of extenuating circumstance it moved from AAB to AAA.
    Planning to apply to:
    Bristol - Eco - AAB (contextual)
    Exeter - Eco - (A*AA - AAB)
    Leeds - Eco - (AAA to ABB) depending on Access to Leeds
    Edinburgh - Eco - ABB min. entry requirement
    Essex - Eco - BBB

Is it likely that I would get offers or are my choices far to aspirational?
    Any reply would be useful feedback
    Thanks,
    I suspect you are aiming pretty high yes. I would have dropped Exeter and added in something less competitive. There is always UCAS extra. It does depend a bit on your extenuating circumstances. I hope the school reference refers to them in some detail.

ReputationRep:
    I got A*AAC in my AS Levels in Maths, Economics, Physics, Critical Thinking (I did the Maths A-Level a year early and do the F Maths one this year). This year I'm doing Further Maths AS + A2, Econ A2, Physics A2 and CT A2.
    I'm predicted A*A*A*AC in Maths, F Maths, Econ, Phys, CT respectively (haven't 'cashed in' the Maths A-Level because modules can be interchanged between Maths and Further).
    Applied to:
    Cambridge
    Durham
    Warwick
    Bath
    Bristol
    Currently have offers from Bath and Bristol (A*AA), awaiting replies from my top three.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colmans)
    I suspect you are aiming pretty high yes. I would have dropped Exeter and added in something less competitive. There is always UCAS extra. It does depend a bit on your extenuating circumstances. I hope the school reference refers to them in some detail.
    I was thinking about applying to Nottingham for Industrial Economics which is offered at AAB. Is this a good degree for a career in IB, Front/Middle Office???

Also if I applied to Exeter for Econ and Finance would i have a better chance or is it still slim?

ReputationRep:
    Got 10A*s 3As at GCSE, AAAA at AS ( 96% best 3 average), predicted A*A*A*+A( FM AS)

Applied to:

Cambridge- pending
    LSE- pending
    UCL- pending
    Warwick- offer (A*AA)
    Bath- offer (A*AA)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 21, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.