Turn on thread page Beta

Islamic Front (FSA) joined ISIS yesterday.... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=950_1445128860

This footage can be documented as the proof of establishment of the alliance between Islamic front (FSA) and Al-nusra front (ISIS).
    The reason for the alliance is the Russian airstrikes that weakened both fronts

Now, is there any more questions about why Russia is destroying these terrorists?

The logo of Islamic front:

The logo of AL-Nusra:

ReputationRep:
    At the start of the war between Syria vs Terrorists, the so called US-backed "moderate opposition"'s commander Abbu Sakkar killed the Syrian army soldier, opened his chest and ate his heart on the video.
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d1a_1403741695

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BRICS > DOLLAR)
    Al-nusra front (ISIS)
    Al-Nusra aren't ISIS, they're the Syrian branch of Al-Qaeda, and are currently fighting ISIS (iirc, I think there's a small town near Damascus where local Al-Nusra and ISIS units have a truce, but everywhere else they fight each other).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anarchism101)
    Al-Nusra aren't ISIS, they're the Syrian branch of Al-Qaeda, and are currently fighting ISIS (iirc, I think there's a small town near Damascus where local Al-Nusra and ISIS units have a truce, but everywhere else they fight each other).
    Al-nusra is Allie of isis

ReputationRep:
    The Islamic Front is not the same as the FSA. Both are umbrella organisations with many member groups.

The FSA is the original rebel "group" (it's an umbrella organisation rather than a unified army) aimed at overthrowing Assad, and is relatively secular.
    The Islamic Front is similar, but for more Islamist leaning groups (except Nusra and ISIS). It includes groups like Ahrar al Sham, Jaish al Islam, and other smaller groups.

Nusra is the Syrian branch of Al Qaeda. It used to be an ally of ISIS but they fell out (a bit of an oversimplification) and started fighting each other. Nusra and ISIS are separate organisations that oppose each other, they are not allies.

Just wanted to clear some things up.

ReputationRep:
    Scum mercenaries. Hopefully Russia cuts off their funding supply routes and watch them tear into each other as feuds arise between them.

ReputationRep:
    There's so many of these groups that nobody knows who is who and whose on whose side. I hope that their coalition anihalates all the other groups and restores the entire country under Assad's rule. It's about the only hope for Syria.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RFowler)
    The Islamic Front is not the same as the FSA. Both are umbrella organisations with many member groups.

The FSA is the original rebel "group" (it's an umbrella organisation rather than a unified army) aimed at overthrowing Assad, and is relatively secular.
    The Islamic Front is similar, but for more Islamist leaning groups (except Nusra and ISIS). It includes groups like Ahrar al Sham, Jaish al Islam, and other smaller groups.

Nusra is the Syrian branch of Al Qaeda. It used to be an ally of ISIS but they fell out (a bit of an oversimplification) and started fighting each other. Nusra and ISIS are separate organisations that oppose each other, they are not allies.

Just wanted to clear some things up.
    Russia asked FSA and USA, to give the location of Isis in Syria multiple times, the response we're negative and ignores were made from USA side

ReputationRep:
    As much I believe FSA probably are CIA backed extremists who do no good to Syria, al-Nusra are not and have never been on the side of ISIS.

ReputationRep:
    Well they are all terrorists it seems, maybe Russia killing them all is necessary

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    There's so many of these groups that nobody knows who is who and whose on whose side. I hope that their coalition anihalates all the other groups and restores the entire country under Assad's rule. It's about the only hope for Syria.
    As much as I hate to say it, these people are ravages and only dictators like Assad (as much as I hate him) can keep them in check. The Middle East will only have real peace when dictators control them.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Russia asked FSA and USA, to give the location of Isis in Syria multiple times, the response we're negative and ignores were made from USA side

Given that Russia is backing assad why on earth would they hand over the locations of the people fighting him?
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Given that Russia is backing assad why on earth would they hand over the locations of the people fighting him?
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    ISIS? and how on earth it is possible to have 5-6 sided wars??? what a washington crap

Yesterday Assad said that he is ready to carry out election in Syria. We will see who supports the legal government and illegal terrorists. UN are welcome to watch the poll

ReputationRep:
    Theyll probably come up with the typical excuse. 'The polling was undemocratic' or w/e
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    ISIS? and how on earth it is possible to have 5-6 sided wars??? what a washington crap

Yesterday Assad said that he is ready to carry out election in Syria. We will see who supports the legal government and illegal terrorists. UN are welcome to watch the poll
    "I don't understand a conflict so I'm going to oversimplify it to suit my agenda."

Congrats.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    "I don't understand a conflict so I'm going to oversimplify it to suit my agenda."

Congrats.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    " I have a good reputation in this forum, so I am going to demonize any posts that contradicts to my agenda so that audience could believe who is saying the "truth" ".

Nice

ReputationRep:
    All sorts of complete horse**** in this thread.

The FSA are the free Syrian Army, they are moderates supported by the West. This story is about the Islamic Front (how exactly are you pronouncing that to make it abbreviate to 'FSA' by the way? 'FriSlamic Aunt'?) who are Islamists. Al-Nusra front are slightly more extreme Islamists. So the 'big news' here is that some moderate Islamists have joined forces with some other moderate Islamists. Here's a handy guide to the Syrian rebels:

Good Rebels (supported by the West): FSA, Kurds, and Assyrians. Collectively known as the SDF (Syrian Democratic Forces)
    Bad Rebels (supported by Islamists in rich Arab countries): Al-Nusra Front, Islamic Front
    Regime (supported by Iran and Russia): Assad, and his forcibly draughted soldiers
    Murderous Nutcases ISIS

Imagine a schoolyard:

The Regime is the teacher's pets. They have the most power in a sense because they'll go on to the best universities and get the highest paid jobs. But nobody really likes them.

The Good Rebels are the popular kids. They'll mostly go on to become layabouts and wasters but they have a lot of friends and they look good, even though secretly everyone else hates them and they will lose most of their popularity as soon as their older siblings leave home and stop buying alcohol for them.

The Bad Rebels are the emo kids. There are quite a lot of them, they sit around smoking and listening to strange music. They also have older siblings who give them drugs and alcohol. Some people think they're pretty cool, but most people just leave them alone, except the teachers who always pull them up for not wearing school uniform and getting piercings. The popular kids hate them however as they see them as their closest rivals.

And then ISIS is that one kid whose parents beat him and so he goes around bullying younger children. Everyone hates him but they're also scared of him so he gets respect, if not popularity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Copperknickers)
    All sorts of complete horse**** in this thread.

The FSA are the free Syrian Army, they are moderates supported by the West. This story is about the Islamic Front (how exactly are you pronouncing that to make it abbreviate to 'FSA' by the way? 'FriSlamic Aunt'?) who are Islamists. Al-Nusra front are slightly more extreme Islamists. So the 'big news' here is that some moderate Islamists have joined forces with some other moderate Islamists. Here's a handy guide to the Syrian rebels:

Good Rebels (supported by the West): FSA, Kurds
    Bad Rebels (supported by Islamists in rich Arab countries): Al-Nusra Front, Islamic Front
    Regime (supported by Iran and Russia): Assad, and his forcibly draughted soldiers
    Murderous Nutcases ISIS

Imagine a schoolyard:

The Regime is the teacher's pets. They have the most power in a sense because they'll go on to the best universities and get the highest paid jobs. But nobody really likes them.

The Good Rebels are the popular kids. They'll mostly go on to become layabouts and wasters but they have a lot of friends and they look good, even though secretly everyone else hates them and they will lose most of their popularity as soon as their older siblings leave home and stop buying alcohol for them.

The Bad Rebels are the emo kids. There are quite a lot of them, they sit around smoking and listening to strange music. They also have older siblings who give them drugs and alcohol. Some people think they're pretty cool, but most people just leave them alone, except the teachers who always pull them up for not wearing school uniform and getting piercings. The popular kids hate them however as they see them as their closest rivals.

And then ISIS is that one kid whose parents beat him and so he goes around bullying younger children. Everyone hates him but they're also scared of him so he gets respect, if not popularity.
    FSA are hardly moderates - nutcases. Assad is the only hope for Syria.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    FSA are hardly moderates - nutcases. Assad is the only hope for Syria.
    The FSA are moderates, it's just that they have little battlefield influence anymore, as the size and influence of various Islamist groups has grown over the course of the war. This year's Idlib offensive, arguably the rebellion's biggest success in years (which overturned quite a few analysts' views about which way the war was going), included FSA groups but was dominated by Nusra, Ahrar al Sham, and others.

You have the Southern Front, the front around Daraa and Quneitra provinces, which is probably the only place the FSA still leads the fight. They made several attempts to take Daraa city this summer, all of which failed, and they haven't made any major gains for a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RFowler)
    The FSA are moderates, it's just that they have little battlefield influence anymore, as the size and influence of various Islamist groups has grown over the course of the war. This year's Idlib offensive, arguably the rebellion's biggest success in years (which overturned quite a few analysts' views about which way the war was going), included FSA groups but was dominated by Nusra, Ahrar al Sham, and others.

You have the Southern Front, the front around Daraa and Quneitra provinces, which is probably the only place the FSA still leads the fight. They made several attempts to take Daraa city this summer, all of which failed, and they haven't made any major gains for a while.
    No chance they are nut cases. Hence why the west has back tracked on arming these terrorists. Assad is the only hope for Syria.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.