The Student Room Group

Applying for 4 year program from Canada

Hi! I just finished my undergrad degree and have applied to Edinburgh for the four year vet program. The vet school in my home city only looks at your last two full-time semesters of uni, while internationally they will be looking at my whole transcript. I've been trying to find some more information on grade conversation and admission averages, but I haven't had much luck. In my last two years of my degree, my average was in the 80's, but I didn't do too well in my first couple of years so my overall average is in the 70's. Do I still stand a chance?

If anyone has taken a similar route, I would really appreciate some anecdotal advice on how your application process was! :smile:

Thanks!
Reply 1
I did the 4 year degree but applied out of my masters. That was for 2009 entry-graduated in 2013. I know I have posted a lot about my experiences on here, or if you have any specific questions, feel free to contact me, though my info may be a little 'out of date' by now. I remember coming up with a draft grade conversion with the help of a staff member and some other students but don't remember what it was-I may have posted it on here before but will check my email/files as well when I get a chance. Offhand, I think you would still stand a chance with those marks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending