Should I study A-Level Politics outside of school?

Watch this thread
tinasaf4
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I've just started year 12 and am currently doing Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Psychology. I want to go on to study Economics at a top University preferably LSE. I'm very interested in politics and would consider it a possible future career further down the line and am passionate about it and already know a lot about it. I'm wondering whether or not to do an extra politics A-Level outside of school. I'm doing an EPQ in an Economic/Political area and am interested in the subject so will probably learn a significant section of the course anyway so am wondering if it would be a good idea to do the A-Level. Would this help my chances of getting into a good university? Could I do the exams at my school? Which exam board would be best for this? Is it possible to do well studying an A-Level at home?

Thanks for any help!
emiloujess
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by tinasaf4)
I've just started year 12 and am currently doing Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Psychology. I want to go on to study Economics at a top University preferably LSE. I'm very interested in politics and would consider it a possible future career further down the line and am passionate about it and already know a lot about it. I'm wondering whether or not to do an extra politics A-Level outside of school. I'm doing an EPQ in an Economic/Political area and am interested in the subject so will probably learn a significant section of the course anyway so am wondering if it would be a good idea to do the A-Level. Would this help my chances of getting into a good university? Could I do the exams at my school? Which exam board would be best for this? Is it possible to do well studying an A-Level at home?

Thanks for any help!
Hello! Another future politician hopeful here haha
I'm applying for Politics courses at university without Politics at A-Level. I would concentrate on getting the grades on your other subjects instead of getting stressed by self-studying
Airmed
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by tinasaf4)

Thanks for any help!
You don't need Politics to go into Politics, and I would focus on your current studies as you seem to have a lot going on! (I am a Politics uni student and I studied Politics at A Level - it is an easy A Level if you love Politics, that's for sure!)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (132)
66.33%
No (45)
22.61%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
11.06%

Watched Threads