Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Your opinion of friends with benefits? watch

Basically I'm 18 and at university in scotland (I'm a virgin) but theres this guy I like and I think he has a thing for me too, we talk on facebook and watsapp and he's in my friendship group at uni also so we see each other all the time but we don't talk a huge amount, mainly because we're both quite shy around each other, but whenever we're at parties we're very flirty and get with each other. Neither of us want a relationship whatsoever, (I'm sure of that), but I quite like just being flirty and having the 'benefits' of a relationship but not actually labelling it, and not acting like we're in one. (I know I wouldn't feel bad about having sex with him as this whole situation has been going on for a while now)
    What are your opinions on this? (brutal honesty is allowed)
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Been there, done that.

Obviously I prefer normal relationships but sometimes you just want to take it easy. That's where FWB comes in I guess...

ReputationRep:
    Don't do it. Fwb with actual friends can ruin your friendship! Even if you both don't want commitment and just want the fun, feelings will always always get involved.

Been there, done that, got the tshirt.

ReputationRep:
    Might as well just go for it

ReputationRep:
    love it

ReputationRep:
    do you think you're ready to receive the benefits,
    (ugh cringe, I tried rewording it )

ReputationRep:
    The best kind

ReputationRep:
    Perfect situation for every man. Sex without the hassle of commitment, and you're not going to give him a headache when he sleeps with other girls. Perfect situation. Neither of you will have any obligation towards the other, no commitment, no rules, no stress, just simple and headache-free. He'll be VERY happy to know that you want no-strings-attached sex. No one wants commitment, relationships are too much effort.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I've got a friend with benefits. She's on Jobseekers Allowance and Housing Benefit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bridget Jones)
    Don't do it. Fwb with actual friends can ruin your friendship! Even if you both don't want commitment and just want the fun, feelings will always always get involved.

Been there, done that, got the tshirt.
    Never trust Bridget for her dating advice.

PS: Really excited for your next movie!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by howtobealady)
    do you think you're ready to receive the benefits,
    (ugh cringe, I tried rewording it )
    Tories are going to chase her with a pair of scissors.

Okay thanks guys, general consensus is the go ahead, someone brought up the point of getting with other girls etc, I think if this situation did come about, he wouldnt get with or do anything with other gals and I dont think I would do anything with other guys either... Not sure how that would change the dynamic of things tho..

ReputationRep:
    Do it if it makes you happy.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a pretty similar situation right now and have decided to go for fwb. It's fun and I'm enjoying it, there are always people that will criticise and make you feel bad for it but as long as you're both happy- there shouldn't be a problem. Obviously I can't talk from a while lot of experience as its only been going on 6 weeks, I can only offer advice as a fellow 18 year old from Scotland ❤️

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 19, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.