Turn on thread page Beta

First Kiss not sure what to think watch

Announcements

So I had my first kiss tonight and it was a bit awkward although steadily got better later on. I've been on a couple of dates with this guy and see him regularly at my society. I do like him but I don't feel fireworks or anything when we kiss. I don't mind spending time with him but I know I wouldn't want to spend the rest of my life with him. I know we're students and things change all the time but I don't know whether to cut things before they escalate too much? He's very kind and understanding and I genuinely do have a good time with him, it's afterwards i start thinking things and thinking i don't want to be tied down etc, i want to be focused on my work only (even though it doesn't stop me doing work)

Should I end things before they start or should I see how things go??

ReputationRep:
    Try communicating.

(Original post by Profesh)
    Try communicating.
    great shout, thanks
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So I had my first kiss tonight and it was a bit awkward although steadily got better later on. I've been on a couple of dates with this guy and see him regularly at my society. I do like him but I don't feel fireworks or anything when we kiss. I don't mind spending time with him but I know I wouldn't want to spend the rest of my life with him. I know we're students and things change all the time but I don't know whether to cut things before they escalate too much? He's very kind and understanding and I genuinely do have a good time with him, it's afterwards i start thinking things and thinking i don't want to be tied down etc, i want to be focused on my work only (even though it doesn't stop me doing work)

You don't necessarily have to feel fireworks on a first kiss. Also, I'm not sure why you're thinking about the possibility of spending the rest of your life with him. That thought usually comes up in someones head after they've been with someone for quite a long time, not a couple of dates.

Go with the flow, if you want to get in a relationship move forward with it. If you don't, then don't, simple really. Not quite sure what anyone here can say as ultimately it's your decision. I do think you're overthinking, and possibly freaking out, a bit much though.

ReputationRep:
    Why cut things unless you have a strong reason to do so? Live in the moment and enjoy yourself. Relax and try to have fun. If things get boring then you can end it, otherwise continue having fun. No need to think too intensely about the future. And the whole fireworks thing, that's just a cheesy concept for films and songs, don't worry about that too much. You don't have to be tied down, you can still focus on your work while having fun in your spare time, it's not like you have to marry the guy.

ReputationRep:
    First kiss with him or first kiss with anyone?
    First kisses are almost always **** because you think about it way too much, like my first kiss I just panicked and backed off soon after, but now I dont even think about it when I kiss someone so it's a lot more natural and easy
    I didn't feel fireworks when kissing the guy I really liked, but it doesnt mean to say I didn't enjoy it
    It's all pretty natural so dont fret
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by MrDystopia)
    You don't necessarily have to feel fireworks on a first kiss. Also, I'm not sure why you're thinking about the possibility of spending the rest of your life with him. That thought usually comes up in someones head after they've been with someone for quite a long time, not a couple of dates.

Go with the flow, if you want to get in a relationship move forward with it. If you don't, then don't, simple really. Not quite sure what anyone here can say as ultimately it's your decision. I do think you're overthinking, and possibly freaking out, a bit much though.
    Can't really add anything further except agree with this post. I'd suggest taking this advice, OP.

(Original post by Heffalump .)
    First kiss with him or first kiss with anyone?
    First kisses are almost always **** because you think about it way too much, like my first kiss I just panicked and backed off soon after, but now I dont even think about it when I kiss someone so it's a lot more natural and easy
    I didn't feel fireworks when kissing the guy I really liked, but it doesnt mean to say I didn't enjoy it
    It's all pretty natural so dont fret
    first kiss with anyone :/
    I think i've just panicked because i havent had a boyfriend before and it feels weird, i'm massively insecure so perhaps i'm just worried about letting barriers down
    thanks though! i think i've probably been watching too many movies
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I agree with all that's been said. First kisses are **** . I still remember mine at the age of 15, and I sort of wish I could erase it from my memory :lol:

Anyway, tbh it doesn't sound like you really want a relationship. However, if you really like him then it's probably worth a shot.

At the end of the day, it's your decision, and you can either go for it or move on.

(Original post by Indeterminate)
    I agree with all that's been said. First kisses are **** . I still remember mine at the age of 15, and I sort of wish I could erase it from my memory :lol:

Anyway, tbh it doesn't sound like you really want a relationship. However, if you really like him then it's probably worth a shot.

At the end of the day, it's your decision, and you can either go for it or move on.
    The trouble is, I can tell he likes me more than I like him and as he's an important member of the society we're in, a lot of people have been saying stuff. i do like him but i just question whether it's enough for a relationship, i'm far too experienced and shy for it to be 'a bit of fun' or anything :/
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    I remember when I had my first kiss and 2 seconds in he tried to shove his tongue into my mouth and managed to cut it on my teeth kandkdnnf

Moral of the story; first kisses are poop

ReputationRep:
    first kiss with anyone :/
    I think i've just panicked because i havent had a boyfriend before and it feels weird, i'm massively insecure so perhaps i'm just worried about letting barriers down
    thanks though! i think i've probably been watching too many movies
    Yeah seriously dont worry about not feeling fireworks, and just because you kiss them doesnt mean you have to start going out, I've kissed quite a few guys and havent been out with any of them so dont take it to mean something that it doesnt need to mean.
    Yeah dont worry I was SO insecure about all of that stuff, thats why I put off kissing anyone for so long, but now, I don't really think about it.. its the other stuff thats bothering me now:')
    How old are you do you mind me asking?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    The trouble is, I can tell he likes me more than I like him and as he's an important member of the society we're in, a lot of people have been saying stuff. i do like him but i just question whether it's enough for a relationship, i'm far too experienced and shy for it to be 'a bit of fun' or anything :/
    Erm, talk to him about it? That's the only way to find out how much he likes you.

And who knows - you just might end up together for life

Yeah seriously dont worry about not feeling fireworks, and just because you kiss them doesnt mean you have to start going out, I've kissed quite a few guys and havent been out with any of them so dont take it to mean something that it doesnt need to mean.
    Yeah dont worry I was SO insecure about all of that stuff, thats why I put off kissing anyone for so long, but now, I don't really think about it.. its the other stuff thats bothering me now:'
    How old are you do you mind me asking?
    Well we have been on a couple of dates and I can't see him turning around and saying it isn't working - he messages me every day really sweet stuff. I'm scared it's going to progress really quickly. I am SO inexperienced and although he's not pushy, he'll obviously want to be doing stuff.
    I'm 18 and this is the first time I've kind of let down my barriers a bit when it comes to men.

ReputationRep:
    Well we have been on a couple of dates and I can't see him turning around and saying it isn't working - he messages me every day really sweet stuff. I'm scared it's going to progress really quickly. I am SO inexperienced and although he's not pushy, he'll obviously want to be doing stuff.
    I'm 18 and this is the first time I've kind of let down my barriers a bit when it comes to men.
    I am in the exact same situation hahaha:') like the guy I have a thing with is very experienced and it's pretty intimidating, yeah I'm also very guarded with stuff like this which is quite peak because it stresses me out when I let my guard down..:L
    I know your feels

I am in the exact same situation hahaha:' like the guy I have a thing with is very experienced and it's pretty intimidating, yeah I'm also very guarded with stuff like this which is quite peak because it stresses me out when I let my guard down..:L
    I know your feels
    Yeah, I'm kind of glad someone feels the way, no offense intended! I am personally going to tell this guy that I don't want a relationship purely for the fact that I'm not ready. I have a lot of issues going on regarding my eating and mental health that I don't think is healthy. I need to sort myself out before I can even think about entering a relationship. It was foolish of me to do stuff with him but as it's early on I'm hoping it won't affect things too much. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecatwithnohat)
    I remember when I had my first kiss and 2 seconds in he tried to shove his tongue into my mouth and managed to cut it on my teeth kandkdnnf

Moral of the story; first kisses are poop
    The same thing happened to me. Why do they shove their tongues first thing in the mouth? What happened to a warning, or a build up?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Your obviously not that into him so just end it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 20, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.