Turn on thread page Beta

So growing up ive always been a shy type of guy and kind of never really became interested in girls until i was about 16 years old (19 now). I only really started clubbing and going out more often around the end of last year and its really boosted my confidence and stuff like that.

I was led on at the start of this year by a girl who i really liked. She ended up showing interest in me right until she found out about a friend of mine and they ended up getting into a relationship. I dont hear off either of them now, this really hurt me since she was the first ever girl i got on with who showed an interest in me.

Fast forward to now. Ive been at university about a month. Hoping for a fresh start and meeting loads of new people and i have accomplished that! However this girl in my flat shown a lot of interest in me since ive been here. We have flirted a lot and all that but all of a sudden she ends up in this guys bed. They're now starting to see eachother and even though shes in my flat. She doesn't make an effort with me anymore and it feels like ive just been completely forgotten about. I have caught feelings for her too and now i feel terrible Im not sure whether its just me, my choice of girls or whether i just seem to have really bad luck. Im 19 and not had a girlfriend yet and i feel like losing hope since i feel so lonely. I hate all the drama that i seem to get myself into as well. I feel really down at the moment, and i feel like giving up with girls all together. They're just so hard to figure out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So growing up ive always been a shy type of guy and kind of never really became interested in girls until i was about 16 years old (19 now). I only really started clubbing and going out more often around the end of last year and its really boosted my confidence and stuff like that.

I was led on at the start of this year by a girl who i really liked. She ended up showing interest in me right until she found out about a friend of mine and they ended up getting into a relationship. I dont hear off either of them now, this really hurt me since she was the first ever girl i got on with who showed an interest in me.

Fast forward to now. Ive been at university about a month. Hoping for a fresh start and meeting loads of new people and i have accomplished that! However this girl in my flat shown a lot of interest in me since ive been here. We have flirted a lot and all that but all of a sudden she ends up in this guys bed. They're now starting to see eachother and even though shes in my flat. She doesn't make an effort with me anymore and it feels like ive just been completely forgotten about. I have caught feelings for her too and now i feel terrible Im not sure whether its just me, my choice of girls or whether i just seem to have really bad luck. Im 19 and not had a girlfriend yet and i feel like losing hope since i feel so lonely. I hate all the drama that i seem to get myself into as well. I feel really down at the moment, and i feel like giving up with girls all together. They're just so hard to figure out!
    If they show an interest, then make your move. Don't just delay.

(Original post by stochasticking)
    If they show an interest, then make your move. Don't just delay.
    I think im just really nervous about going out alone on dates and having to impress them/make conversation. It takes me awhile to trust people in general as well because of bad past experiences in school etc. I suppose i should speed things up if i feel it could go somewhere before someone else comes along. Thanks for the advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I think im just really nervous about going out alone on dates and having to impress them/make conversation. It takes me awhile to trust people in general as well because of bad past experiences in school etc. I suppose i should speed things up if i feel it could go somewhere before someone else comes along. Thanks for the advice.
    Yes bro. I know it's hard. If they show an interest , ask them out or make a move if you're in halls. Trust me.

ReputationRep:
    is ok spidferman never got mary jane

ReputationRep:
    This is par for the dating course sadly. Success requires patience and tenacity. Your moment will come.

ReputationRep:
    Don't give up bro.

There's so much you have to know.
    Find a girl, settle down.
    If you want you can marry.
    I was once like you are now.
    and I know that's not easy,
    To be calm when you're found
    something going on.
    but take your time think a lot
    why, think of everything you've got ...

Bro, I would say you may learnt 2 lesson from your experiences with the tow girls that they show their interest to you. This will be good to start again and remember no relationship without sex !! have a good luck.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 19, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.