Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Should I bother waiting? watch

Announcements

So I'm a 19 year old female virgin and I've always said to myself I want to wait until I'm in a relationship with someone I love for a while (like at least a few months before I lose it) but the more I think about it, the more I feel like I should go ahead and lose it so it's over with. I'm a bit paranoid I'll get with someone I like and then I'll be **** enough to be dumped. Or just used and dumped in general. Plus my sexuality is all over the place at the moment; sometimes, I think I'm gay. The label I've been most comfortable with is either a lesbian with exceptions or on the gay side of bisexual. And no, I don't think I'm in denial because I've tried just saying to myself "I only like girls" and it just makes it really confusing on the occasion I like a guy as I do now. Either way I feel like I should lose it with someone, desirably someone I never ever have to see again.

ReputationRep:
    Don't just do it to 'get it over with'. If you don't feel the need to lose your virginity to someone you are in a serious relationship or in love with, that's fine! It should be something you do when you feel ready and you actually want to do it. Don't feel like you have to do it just because it's the norm. What's wrong with being a virgin? What's wrong with being uncertain about your sexuality? Don't worry so much and just be you. Sex isn't something you absolutely have to do, and it's not like there's a clock ticking down and if you don't do it now you'll miss out on it. Chill out and do what you feel like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So I'm a 19 year old female virgin and I've always said to myself I want to wait until I'm in a relationship with someone I love for a while (like at least a few months before I lose it) but the more I think about it, the more I feel like I should go ahead and lose it so it's over with. I'm a bit paranoid I'll get with someone I like and then I'll be **** enough to be dumped. Or just used and dumped in general. Plus my sexuality is all over the place at the moment; sometimes, I think I'm gay. The label I've been most comfortable with is either a lesbian with exceptions or on the gay side of bisexual. And no, I don't think I'm in denial because I've tried just saying to myself "I only like girls" and it just makes it really confusing on the occasion I like a guy as I do now. Either way I feel like I should lose it with someone, desirably someone I never ever have to see again.
    **** who you like when you like it doesn't have to be love it's just sex it's supposed to be fun not some seminal perfect moment

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You should wait until you are married.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    The fact you are asking and doubting tells me that you should wait a bit.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 19, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.