The Student Room Group

DWP kangaroo court.

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/sittingbourne/news/victory-for-disabled-woman-denied-43813/

Another great article.

Women who has curved bones and many physical disabilities has PIP test and is denied benefit. Then after she goes to hospital to have a operation where the condition is plainly visible a tribunal decision is made without the DWP and she is awarded PIP benefit.

This is the same case in the previous article I posted.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/oct/15/benefits-cuts-pip-anorexic-mentally-ill

It should be obvious now to any sane person that the DWP is unfit the make the decisions for ESA & PIP.
Do you actually understand why people get PIP? It has nothing to do with (apart from terminal illness) the illness you have. It's whether you meet the criteria. It also depends on how you fill the form in, how much evidence you send in, etc.
Original post by OU Student
Do you actually understand why people get PIP? It has nothing to do with (apart from terminal illness) the illness you have. It's whether you meet the criteria. It also depends on how you fill the form in, how much evidence you send in, etc.

The point I am trying to make is the DWP is either denying people benefit or reducing their benefit while doing their best to stop them entering the tribunal stage of the entitlement process.

OU Student I'm no rookie at this. I know Flymo on Your Able forums. That guy literally has helped 1000's of people get their PIP including my cousin.

I know all the DWP tricks.

But your right that it is a points based system where a low amount of points can be assigned to someone even if it is obvious that they are severely disabled.

Some of the responsibility does fall on the applicant but the decisions the DWP make when it goes wrong is really unforgivable.

This is why I advise everyone get to the tribunal and never give up. The problem now is the DWP is sending out letters with the date sent out is July the 30th and the letter is received at August the 30th. This is why I also advise people to get the disabled applicant in the car and drive all the way to the DWP office with a video camera to record themselves giving the request for a tribunal to the DWP reception at a certain time else they will automatically fail.

Another way is invite the postman/women inside. Get a video camera and get the postman/women to say that they delivered it on the following date which is today. Then move the camera to a mobile phone or computer to give the date. Then open the letter with them present. If it is 30 days late to stop a applicant requesting a tribunal then the evidence will be there for everyone to see that the DWP under Ian Duncan Smith are a bunch of criminals.

It is criminal what the DWP are doing.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest