Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

My bf left me about 8 months ago for a girl he was house sharing with. I felt I didn't stand a chance because they were getting close ie together every day ! whereas we had to find time being at different unis. We are back in touch which I was over the moon about and he actually said a day doesn't pass when he doesn't think about me. Is he leading me on though or is it right he's taking his time because he wants to meet up again but is in no rush and diesnt even mention this girl when I've found her Twitter account and every other tweet is about him and her ! Do I challenge him or just let things take their course . I still really love him and I'm worried I might just be stroking his ego letting my guard down with him

ReputationRep:
    Honestly. Don't talk to him again. Stop the communication

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by maggie43)
    Honestly. Don't talk to him again. Stop the communication

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you ! So I am just massaging his ego then I guess ... Although this girl can't be that special though can she if he sneaks around behind her back talking to me ?

ReputationRep:
    From what you describe he wants to have his cake and eat it too. That he wants a relationship which is close geographically and that is with the right person, which he sees is you. That maybe the grass had been greener on the other side after all and this girl isn't so great.

Imagine how you'd feel if he was with you and he said that to anoth...well you don't really have to, because you've already been through that.

The fact that he's still with her is quite telling. He shouldn't be. He can't seriously be putting in the effort and emotional dedication required to really be committed if he's still wanting to be with you.

It's too early to articulate myself, so I'll assume you haven't been an ass with your movie choices in the past and that this therefore won't be a spoiler:

ReputationRep:
    Cut him off and find someone that knows how lucky they are to have you in the first place

Thanks guys !
    Its reassuring to think you all agree he can't be that into this girl though !!
    We were first loves so maybe that's making it harder for him to pull away completely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thanks guys !
    We were first loves so maybe that's making it harder for him to pull away completely
    Why?
    You do know your worth doesn't come from how attractive a partner you are, right?

Edit:
    Oh and repping people gives away your identity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thanks guys !
    You're better with fond memories, than remembering him with pain and regret. If it's hurting you to speak to him, and he's obviously an idiot, then cutting off ties is the best thing to do.

Don't worry, it'll get better, and you'll find a much better partner that you deserve!

(Original post by there's too much love)
    Why?
    You do know your worth doesn't come from how attractive a partner you are, right?

Edit:
    😉😉😉

ReputationRep:
    He's an ex. Leave it that way..

ReputationRep:
    You should show this girl the messages he's been sending you , just say something like 'hey was just wondering if you guys are together as he's started speaking to me again' he sounds like a ****.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Sounds maybe he isn't getting much from this current girl so he is trying it back on with you, he only sees you as an option, don't go back to him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bethhx)
    You should show this girl the messages he's been sending you , just say something like 'hey was just wondering if you guys are together as he's started speaking to me again' he sounds like a ****.
    If that's what the OP wants to do then fair enough, but she is not the OP#s responsibility.

ReputationRep:
    Walk away, I think you'd be wasting your time.

Why?

Edit:
    Is this not reserved for subs now then...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tootles)
    Is this not reserved for subs now then...?
    Unless TSR is donating sub to me?
    I somehow doubt that

Unless TSR is donating sub to me?
    I somehow doubt that
    You have a high-res avatar, which is usually sub-only too... unless they changed the system. I know they changed one or two things a while back, but I honestly can't remember if things like that were part of it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tootles)
    You have a high-res avatar, which is usually sub-only too... unless they changed the system. I know they changed one or two things a while back, but I honestly can't remember if things like that were part of it...
    I used to be a sub years ago, but no more. I think they changed the system.

ReputationRep:
    Lol. Don't bother, he'll only be using you and then he'll dispose of you as if you were a receipt.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 19, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.