Turn on thread page Beta

Do you really need alcohol to have a 'good time' ? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Most people I know say that when they're drunk it's the best time of their life is this true or?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have a much better time without alcohol tbh. alcohol makes me quite emotional if i get too drunk and then it's pretty embarrassing...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by valkyrie-grey)
    I have a much better time without alcohol tbh. alcohol makes me quite emotional if i get too drunk and then it's pretty embarrassing...
    What about drugs 😛

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViewsFromSi6)
    What about drugs 😛

Posted from TSR Mobile
    never tried them, never will

ReputationRep:
    Alcohol is fun. Drugs are fun. I have been out sober many times and I do not enjoy it. The only time I'm sober is when I'm at the gym (providing I'm not buzzing off my tits off some mental pre-workout)

ReputationRep:
    Drugs are a mug's game

ReputationRep:
    I love getting tipsy when I'm out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    Drugs are a mug's game
    So you drink anything with caffeine/alcohol in it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JD1lla)
    So you drink anything with caffeine/alcohol in it?
    no it spoils the taste of the ayahuasca

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Alcohol is fun. Drugs are fun. I have been out sober many times and I do not enjoy it. The only time I'm sober is when I'm at the gym (providing I'm not buzzing off my tits off some mental pre-workout)
    I don't want to have to be on something all the time... If you find yourself in that situation it has become a problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    no it spoils the taste of the ayahuasca

:rofl:
    Waeeeeyyyy :beer:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    I don't want to have to be on something all the time... If you find yourself in that situation it has become a problem.
    Then don't? It's not about having to take something to have a good time, that's not what I'm saying.

Drugs command a lot of respect. I don't take them every weekend or every night out. There are certain situations where they can be safely enjoyed and are fun. It's all about mood enhancement.

My priorities are having a healthy body/state of mind, so it's not something I regularly delve in. I enjoy LSD and occasionally I'll have some exceptionally strong weed which is nice, or hash. I don't buy into stoner culture or LSD hippie BS. It's just nice, enjoyable and for me, safe.

What I find hypocritical is people who are like "I would never touch drugs, it's disgusting and vile and I have no interest in it" but end up hitting Malia for 2 weeks battered off their faces on alcohol - a drug that supposedly is okay because it's 'social' and 'legal'.

ReputationRep:
    Then don't? It's not about having to take something to have a good time, that's not what I'm saying.

Drugs command a lot of respect. I don't take them every weekend or every night out. There are certain situations where they can be safely enjoyed and are fun. It's all about mood enhancement.

My priorities are having a healthy body/state of mind, so it's not something I regularly delve in. I enjoy LSD and occasionally I'll have some exceptionally strong weed which is nice, or hash. I don't buy into stoner culture or LSD hippie BS. It's just nice, enjoyable and for me, safe.

What I find hypocritical is people who are like "I would never touch drugs, it's disgusting and vile and I have no interest in it" but end up hitting Malia for 2 weeks battered off their faces on alcohol - a drug that supposedly is okay because it's 'social' and 'legal'.
    Well alcohol is a drug. So I agree?

ReputationRep:
    Well alcohol is a drug. So I agree?
    Have you ever had alcohol or taken any drugs?

(Original post by ViewsFromSi6)
    What about drugs 😛]
    Alcohol is a drug, you muppet.

ReputationRep:
    No.

And if you do I don't like you.

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever had alcohol or taken any drugs?
    Yes to both questions since alcohol is a drug :facepalm:

Alcohol is the only recreational drug I have taken though. Unless you count food etc... I have a cookie habbit

ReputationRep:
    Definitely not! At least, it may depend on what you'd consider a "good time". There isn't anything I'd really get up to where alcohol would even be relevant, let alone appropriate. Therefore I can have an awesome time without any kind of influence, and don't personally think there's anything remotely enjoyable about getting drunk.

ReputationRep:
    Yes to both questions since alcohol is a drug :facepalm:
    Don't be pedantic you know what I mean. I'll hand-walk you through the question again though...

Have you ever taken any illegal drugs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illiberal Liberal)
    No.

And if you do I don't like you.
    You strike me as someone who doesn't like a lot of people.:curious:

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.