Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm 14 and my hair keeps falling out :( watch

ReputationRep:
    Yh it's been about 5 months that my hair falls out so easily when i slightly touch it in the shower and like 4 to 6 strands come out and am scared :/ What's wrong with me
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by PrincessZara)
    omg.
    What shampoo you use?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dumachi)
    What shampoo you use?
    Head and shoulders, but i have been using it for a really long time
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Could be alopecia?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    Could be alopecia?
    i searched what that is and holy hell, that is scary omg. :/ i don't want to go ballldd ergh
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    i searched what that is and holy hell, that is scary omg. :/ i don't want to go ballldd ergh
    Go see your GP if you're worried
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Hello lovely,

Hope you're ok - sorry to see there have been horrid trolls in this thread - I've cleaned it up and banned them.

Have you got enough biotin in your diet? Biotin comes from fruit, veggies and seeds like cucumber, flaxseed, sunflower seeds, avocado, spinach, berries etc. It's a really good strengthener for nails and hair You can also take it from a supplement.

Also have you felt a little stressed recently? Sometimes through feeling better after having a bit of a hard time of it you can start to shed hair etc.

ReputationRep:
    What is the water? hulle6.com

xperia z5 hülle
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Well that's why.. Try something a little less harsh on your hair at 14.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by She-Ra)
    Hello lovely,

Hope you're ok - sorry to see there have been horrid trolls in this thread - I've cleaned it up and banned them.

Have you got enough biotin in your diet? Biotin comes from fruit, veggies and seeds like cucumber, flaxseed, sunflower seeds, avocado, spinach, berries etc. It's a really good strengthener for nails and hair You can also take it from a supplement.

Also have you felt a little stressed recently? Sometimes through feeling better after having a bit of a hard time of it you can start to shed hair etc.
    Ah thanks :P and yh I eat fruits and stuff. I even stopped straightening my hair to see if that helped but it didn't. I have a fairly good diet I suppose. There was some family problems like 3 months ago but that was 3 months ago, my head is usually literally aching all the time but i don't know how to stop it, Ill just visit the gp

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dumachi)
    Well that's why.. Try something a little less harsh on your hair at 14.
    I've been using it for years without a problem, but you have a point

ReputationRep:
    that sucks if it's alopecia you might be wise to invest in a wig I'm sure you could get a good realistic one or you could embrace it and just say yeah this happened.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glitterhive)
    I used to have incredibly thick hair, and then within a couple of months I literally lost half of it. Make an appointment with your GP if you're worried - when I had a blood test done, I found out I had iron deficiency anaemia. I ended up on ferrous sulphate tablets and my hair is back to how it was before .
    I just checked the foods to eat that are rich in Iron, but 90% am allergic to :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathanemptage)
    that sucks if it's alopecia you might be wise to invest in a wig I'm sure you could get a good realistic one or you could embrace it and just say yeah this happened.
    omg shutup. It's not that am sure.

ReputationRep:
    Go to your GP and get a test for deficiency, they will tell you if your levels are not right.
    No one on here can tell you the exact problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whydoidothis?)
    Go to your GP and get a test for deficiency, they will tell you if your levels are not right.
    No one on here can tell you the exact problem.
    yh i will tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    I just checked the foods to eat that are rich in Iron, but 90% am allergic to :/
    red meats and liver are very rich in iorn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathanemptage)
    red meats and liver are very rich in iorn
    Yh true

ReputationRep:
    omg shutup. It's not that am sure.
    just an idea I was only trying to help
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Yh it's been about 5 months that my hair falls out so easily when i slightly touch it in the shower and like 4 to 6 strands come out and am scared :/ What's wrong with me
    Try not to stress out. If you're worried, you can make an appointment with your GP 4/6 strands doesn't sound like a lot of hair falling out at once though....?

Do you often wear your hair in the same style? Sometimes, if you often wear your hair up in the same way it puts pressure on the roots which eventually causes it to fall out.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 19, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.