Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Green detox - do they even work? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have started a green detox with the promise that I will lose weight by several Youtubers and bloggers.

However, I have also read that after successfully completing the detox I can expect to put all the weight back on if not more..

Is this true? Am I wasting my time?

My green detox are: cucumber, kale, parsley, carrot, apple, lime, lemon and so forth.. all blended or juiced.

I just want to get rid of some weight and transition into a healthier life..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OxfordsSweetheart)
    I have started a green detox with the promise that I will lose weight by several Youtubers and bloggers.

However, I have also read that after successfully completing the detox I can expect to put all the weight back on if not more..

Is this true? Am I wasting my time?

My green detox are: cucumber, kale, parsley, carrot, apple, lime, lemon and so forth.. all blended or juiced.

I just want to get rid of some weight and transition into a healthier life..
    It's absolutely fantastic that you want to consume these ingredients. They are all great for you. However, the issue I have with juicing is that large % of the nutrients get destroyed due to heat caused by the internal friction when you juice at high RPM. Juicers that save the pulp still don't account for this. (Can someone else verify this?)

You are better off having these vege/fruit whole.

And to answer your question, it will not make any difference to weight loss. Your body is very good at detoxing itself.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandst...ence-ignorance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JD1lla)
    It's absolutely fantastic that you want to consume these ingredients. They are all great for you. However, the issue I have with juicing is that large % of the nutrients get destroyed due to heat caused by the internal friction when you juice at high RPM. Juicers that save the pulp still don't account for this. (Can someone else verify this?)

You are better off having these vege/fruit whole.

And to answer your question, it will not make any difference to weight loss. Your body is very good at detoxing itself.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandst...ence-ignorance
    Thank you so much for this. I don't plan on juicing through. Just blending and drinking.

Do you think that will be effective? Of course I'm hoping to lose weight but it's more about a healthy life style. Or is it a waste of time? Should I cave into my hunger thoughts?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.