Turn on thread page Beta

sleeping round-opinions please!! watch

Announcements

I'm 17 & my boyfriends 19, I don't want to sleep at his house yet even though we already have sex & been together a year & a fairly serious etc.is it weird for me to not want to? Should I? How old where you when you start staying round at a partners?

ReputationRep:
    Basically do what you feel like. 17 is quite young for the intensity of sex on tap.

ReputationRep:
    You can refuse, it's your right.

ReputationRep:
    Lol why don't you wanna sleep at his?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why dont you want to? I don't sleep at my bfs as we both have a single bed and I like my own space xD idk what will happen when we move in together as I find it hard to sleep with someone else in the room

ReputationRep:
    I started staying at my boyfriends and him at mine a few months in because we live about an hour away from eachother so it's just easier rather than to make the long trip for a few hours - also it helps if you're on good terms with their parents

Don't feel any pressure to sleep round, everyone is different. (When I first saw this thread I thought it was opinions about people who sleep around meaning having sex with loads of people)

ReputationRep:
    Is there any particular reason why you don't want to?
    Each relationship is different, there isn't a set norm as to when to feel ready to do something

ReputationRep:
    I started staying round at my boyfriends when I was 19, although that's when we got together so probably not that helpful. I don't think it's really an age thing, it's more about the nature of your relationship and how mature/strong it is. If you don't feel comfortable to sleep at his then don't. Do whatever you're comfortable with? However if you don't want to stay round his simply because you feel awkward about it or if perhaps you're nervous about it- maybe you should try it? If you guys are as serious as you say, I cannot imagine that you would be nervous of sleeping with him but yeah if you are it might be worth trying it. It doesn't mean you should feel obliged to then continue this every time! Hope that helps

Does he live with his parents?

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend stayed round about 2 weeks after we got together, but it seemed a really natural thing for us, I love falling asleep with someone and waking up next to them. It's not weird to not want to do this, it's a new level of intimacy I guess, and everyone's different.

Also, we were the same age (17) so maybe it's different.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 19, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.