Turn on thread page Beta

3 choices when applying for PGCE/Schools Direct etc - Help? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi All, not had much support from Uni (who promised theywould!) re applying for PGCE/Schools Direct etc. I see from my own research theapply process opens on 27th October.Wonder if anyone can help me? Just a few quick q’s…Noticed the Gov have cut funding for primary places – so thishas somewhat screwed my plans for PGCE only, but I will apply to it stillregardless & hope I can somehow save some ££ as this is most definitely mypreferred choice.BUT I would like to know when applying online, If I use 1 of my3 choices to apply for PGCE – does that mean my other 2 choices are restrictedto just one particular school each, i.e. I apply to ‘Primary School A forSchools Direct Salaried’ & ‘Primary School B’ for Schools Direct Salaried. This seems very limited, when you consider how manyapplicants there are vs how many places on offer.26

ReputationRep:
    If you're applying to be a teacher you may want to practice using spell-check.

You can apply for a student loan for a PGCE and sometimes Universities will offer hardship funds if you have bills/rent/mortgage to pay. You apply for any 3 courses that strike your appeal. Yes it's limited, because it's a competitive career to get into - one Primary school can't take on 50 new teachers, it's not practical.
    I'm not really sure what the question is here?

I'm applying for 3 courses (All of my choices are SCITT), each course has 2 places. That's a 1 in 6 chance of being accepted onto a PGCE.

ReputationRep:
    A bit harsh the first comment.... I am sure OP would spell check important documents, a forum is a bit different.

Anyway yes it does mean that, but if all places decline you then in apply 2 you can apply for somewhere else if you have been unsuccessful. Although this is one place at a time, so you have to wait until they have answered to apply again to the next place. Hope that helps

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.