Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Computergeek)
    oh come how can someone that has 3,391 posts to his name possibly be streat wise like u act!

Look ******, u are wrong, Rcaran has more brains than u, u are the one hurling abuse to him. im sorry but ur seriously talking outa ur ass!!
    Oh....dear.

ReputationRep:
    oh come on, look what he has been saying above b4 u judge on who is being mean. i think he is outa line and wrong.

aAHAHHAHA stop the arguing!!

ReputationRep:
    oh come on, look what he has been saying above b4 u judge on who is being mean. i think he is outa line and wrong.

lets just say he is right to shut him up

ReputationRep:
    Martial arts are effective. But not in that namby pamby way.

If someone tries to attack me, knees, headbutts, elbows and punches to the groin and head are fair game.

Locks are just stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R'caran)

lets just say he is right to shut him up
    Yeh, you do that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Oh....dear.
    im disowning this thread bye

ReputationRep:
    judo/aikido/jujitsu isnt efective at all in a fight! karate is maybe more becoz u learn how to kick bt still u wouldnt b superior in a fight coz ur doing martial art!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Blazed)
    Martial arts are effective. But not in that namby pamby way.

If someone tries to attack me, knees, headbutts, elbows and punches to the groin and head are fair game.

Locks are just stupid.
    it clearly depends on the situation tho, i mean if one guy say in the pub went grabbed u with one arm went to raise his fist with the other a lock on the wrist would be very good, also say if someone came from behind and had their hands round ur neck or something, i think it just depends on the context, if ur surrounded, say 5 guys, anything goes, kicks, head butting, bitting, even scratching.

ReputationRep:
    it clearly depends on the situation tho, i mean if one guy say in the pub went grabbed u with one arm went to raise his fist with the other a lock on the wrist would be very good, also say if someone came from behind and had their hands round ur neck or something, i think it just depends on the context, if ur surrounded, say 5 guys, anything goes, kicks, head butting, bitting, even scratching.
    'if someone grabs you from behind' ... 'if someone grabs my arm just below my elbow' ... its so subjective its a joke. What if they just ****ing punch you, wheres your jujitsu then? Time to get out and experience the real word pal.

ReputationRep:
    ya thats wen u block, first thing u learn in jujitsu....next question bone head

ReputationRep:
    Youre so stupid its actually pissing me off. If somebody wanted to fight with you and took a few punches at youre head youre a) not gonna be quick enough to block them b) in a good enough state to fight back.

ReputationRep:

If if if if if.

If anyone attacks me, I'm going to beat the shite out of them, I don't care what the "situation" is. Most of the locks people put on me at karate don't work when it turns out I'm stronger than them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Blazed)
    If if if if if.

If anyone attacks me, I'm going to beat the shite out of them, I don't care what the "situation" is. Most of the locks people put on me at karate don't work when it turns out I'm stronger than them.
    Exactly.

ReputationRep:
    you guys are pathetic, just all stop aguing- martial arts do have some merit, but a lot of it is learning a discipline and the whole kind of culture with it. but it is possible to do a lot of damage with them- i've seen my bf and his mate together (both black belts in jujitsu) and if either of them were attacked they'd probably use some kind of jujitsu move because that would almost be their natural reflex, but unless you are really good you wouldn't do much damage.

tobh if i got attacked i'd probably kick him in the balls and run (although i did do a self defence course, it was all a bit fiddly and required practice, which i haven't done so i'd be too rusty to have any effect at all)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    Youre so stupid its actually pissing me off. If somebody wanted to fight with you and took a few punches at youre head youre a) not gonna be quick enough to block them b) in a good enough state to fight back.
    oh come on, lets not get mean, no need to throw insults is there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    you guys are pathetic, just all stop aguing- martial arts do have some merit, but a lot of it is learning a discipline and the whole kind of culture with it. but it is possible to do a lot of damage with them- i've seen my bf and his mate together (both black belts in jujitsu) and if either of them were attacked they'd probably use some kind of jujitsu move because that would almost be they're natural reflex, but unless you are really good you wouldn't do much damage.

tobh if i got attacked i'd probably kick him in the balls and run (although i did do a self defence course, it was all a bit fiddly and required practice, which i haven't done so i'd be too rusty to have any effect at all)

lou xxx
    Yeh, when your bf and mate are practicing jujitusu together theyre following rules/guidelines etc. The same rules dont exist in the real world unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    oh come on, no need to be mean. it just depends on the context, i agree, with u what u say above. but there arent always situations where u can just punch someone is there?

ReputationRep:
    I don't even do jujitsu, but I reckon in your average street situation where you have someone coming at you with hard fists you are pretty buggered. I've seen quite a bit of stuff go on and usually it is pure aggression that determines the victor in a street fight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    tobh if i got attacked i'd probably kick him in the balls and run
    That's what all the senior grades at my karate school would do. Though, to be fair, harder, faster and more accurately than people who hadn't done karate.

ReputationRep:
    oh come on, no need to be mean. it just depends on the context, i agree, with u what u say above. but there arent always situations where u can just punch someone is there?
    Obviously, but there are next to no situations where you can apply jujitsu moves effectively...

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.