Turn on thread page Beta

Annoying to the extreme! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    you guys are pathetic, just all stop aguing- martial arts do have some merit, but a lot of it is learning a discipline and the whole kind of culture with it. but it is possible to do a lot of damage with them- i've seen my bf and his mate together (both black belts in jujitsu) and if either of them were attacked they'd probably use some kind of jujitsu move because that would almost be their natural reflex, but unless you are really good you wouldn't do much damage.

tobh if i got attacked i'd probably kick him in the balls and run (although i did do a self defence course, it was all a bit fiddly and required practice, which i haven't done so i'd be too rusty to have any effect at all)

lou xxx
    hey im just defending what i believe in.

I've been beaten up a lot of times in my life, and i don't think under the circumstances of my fights would i have pervailed knowing all this fancy crap, no offense but when your a kid and there are numerous 6ft adults around you're screwed, even if your the karate champion of the world. Mixed with psychic ability karate would be great, sadly that doesn't exist. Anyway ishant be dragged into an argument, so don't snap at me or anything, was just stating my opinion on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Yeh, when your bf and mate are practicing jujitusu together theyre following rules/guidelines etc. The same rules dont exist in the real world unfortunately.
    yeah, but they would know enough (they'be been doing it for about 10 years) to do something. it wouldn't be a 'correct' move (because like you say there isn't the rules and stuff), but their method of defence would probably have some kind of jujitsu basis just cos that's their way of fighting and it's what they're used to.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    If somebody wanted to fight with you and took a few punches at youre head youre b) in a good enough state to fight back.
    U talk ****. Most ppl have strong enough punch to knock out a person with one full blow to the head. Of course dey aint gonna fight bak if dey r on da floor knocked out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by confusd_puzzled)
    U talk ****. Most ppl have strong enough punch to knock out a person with one full blow to the head. Of course dey aint gonna fight bak if dey r on da floor knocked out.
    Errr, it takes more than one to 'knock someone out' literally..usually.

Usually being the key word. In the right place a punch can send somebody out like a light.

ReputationRep:
    martial arts are going to help with a few things like balance/ reflexes and you might be able to pull a move off but most of the time i would use my fists i think espically when there is more than one person

ReputationRep:
    Errr, it takes more than one to 'knock someone out' literally..usually.
    Not if its a full whack. by knocking out i dont mean that dey are unconscious. I mean that they are so fuked dat theres no way dey gonna fight back unless you puch like a girl.

ReputationRep:
    Such delinquents deserve to die IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chidori)
    Such delinquents deserve to die IMO.
    Wots so wrong about self defence?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by confusd_puzzled)
    Wots so wrong about self defence?
    I'm talking about the thugs who robbed the guy.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.