Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

basically since coming out 1 year ago (I'm a girl ) I haven't really met any girls. I've tried online and met a few girls on there but they all seemed a bit desperate and very keen to rush things which made things way too dramatic for my liking, so I'm wondering if there are ways to meet girl otherwise?

I have also been to some gay bars, however they were just jam packed with boy girl couples and I'd much rather get to know someone rather than just kiss them in a club. I have never to date just met another lesbian in public or at any socials or clubs am I going to the wrong ones? I've even tried wearing flannel shirts but people just think that it's indie, so now I'm wondering what to do? I don't want to end up alone forever

Depends how old you are. People don't seem to mature enough to be open and approachable until they're about twenty, from my observations.

(Original post by Tootles)
    Depends how old you are. People don't seem to mature enough to be open and approachable until they're about twenty, from my observations.
    I just turned 20 :/

ReputationRep:
    Go to local bars, clubs and events and dress cool casual :pimp:

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I just turned 20 :/
    Oh :lol: OK then. Well, I don't know what to suggest in that case.

im 17 and want to meet a girl because i think i may be bi / lesbian

ReputationRep:
    Hey you, PM me

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by thegohst)
    Go to local bars, clubs and events and dress cool casual :pimp:

How wil I know who else is gay in the local bars though? As I don't look obviously gay myself

I also want to add that I've been to my local LGBTQ and whilst it's a really nice community and I've made some nice friends, it's obviously the same people that come each week, and so far haha it's all friendzoned here so yeh? Not much luck there either

ReputationRep:
    Go where the wind carries you

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 20, 2015
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.