Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Should we have a quick wedding? watch

ReputationRep:
    ... And then renew our vows in a few years with a 'proper wedding' (e.g. all friends and family, a meal and party and honeymoon etc)?

We are engaged and really want to be husband and wife but also want the perfect wedding that we know we can't afford for a very long time so it seems like a good compromise!

I'm going back to uni for 6 years in 2016 and my fiancé might be doing teacher training so it would be a long wait for a wedding otherwise.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a good idea but only if you really want to get married now. After all it's the actual marriage that counts, not the ceremony/party/honeymoon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donutaud15)
    Sounds like a good idea but only if you really want to get married now. After all it's the actual marriage that counts, not the ceremony/party/honeymoon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, I'm not really bothered about the party bit, but it would be lovely to have (we both live far from our families so it would be amazing to see them all and have a big get together etc). We wanted to have a big autumnal party with campfires and blankets and fairy lights rather than a traditional wedding anyway.

I'm just desperate to become his Mrs :3

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    If its what you both want and what is right for both you right now then go for it You still would need two witnesses for it so you can always still have family members at the registrar office or something small along those lines.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    If its what you both want and what is right for both you right now then go for it You still would need two witnesses for it so you can always still have family members at the registrar office or something small along those lines.
    We would have both sets of parents and my grandparents

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you really want to get married, as opposed to having a big party, then I'd say go for it. You could always go for a meal afterwards with your small group, just to mark the occasion.

ReputationRep:
    Go for it and good luck!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by holson)
    We would have both sets of parents and my grandparents

Posted from TSR Mobile
    sounds lovely and like a good compromise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gutenberg)
    If you really want to get married, as opposed to having a big party, then I'd say go for it. You could always go for a meal afterwards with your small group, just to mark the occasion.
    Good idea :3

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by holson)
    Good idea :3

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bupdeeboowah)
    Go for it and good luck!
    (Original post by gutenberg)
    Good luck!
    Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Aww this is sweet

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes, we should

Spoiler:
    Show
    Oh ... you meant you and someone else :getmecoat:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 19, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.