Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Can I get into uni with 2 a levels and an EPQ? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I want to do a degree in media studies or media production. I was wondering if it was possible for me to get into uni with 2 full a levels and an EPQ? I'm currently studying media studies and psychology as a levels & I want to apply for a 2016 entry.

ReputationRep:
    It would definitely be possible if you apply to universities who look at UCAS tariff points.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by preetg97)
    It would definitely be possible if you apply to universities who look at UCAS tariff points.
    How do you tell if a uni does this and bases their admissions off mostly UCAS tariff points?

ReputationRep:
    You definitely could! A lot of people from my sixth form have.
    Just look at university entry requirements, you will need those who require a certain amount of UCAS points. They will also say whether those are just altogether, or from a specific mixture.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaelzz)
    You definitely could! A lot of people from my sixth form have.
    Just look at university entry requirements, you will need those who require a certain amount of UCAS points. They will also say whether those are just altogether, or from a specific mixture.
    Cheers
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    (Original post by vstudent)
    I want to do a degree in media studies or media production. I was wondering if it was possible for me to get into uni with 2 full a levels and an EPQ? I'm currently studying media studies and psychology as a levels & I want to apply for a 2016 entry.
    Hi VStudent

A lot of universities (like us) look at Tariff points- especially when the degrees are production based! It's all about the passion for wanting to work in a practical media/ film environment, and less about academic grades.

Good luck!

Best,
    Lauren (MFS)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 23, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.