rite so far ive worked out there are 3 types of reputaion

nearly famous
    on a distinguished road
    not yet anything

anyone else found any yet??

or worked out how it works??

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    I don't really understand - It ses ive got 8 reputation points but i don't know what for and i dont know if this is good or bad. Has anyone else got this i think its in user CP and it might tell you about stuff like that... How many points does everyone else have!!??

ReputationRep:
    i have 64.

from what i gather i think it goes
    0-25 unkown quantity
    25-50 distinguished road
    50+ almost famous

but i dont know whether they are good or bad... if you go to your cp you can see the comments other people made.. .i think ...or they may be the comments you made... im not sure..

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    loads of ppl it ses nothin but im an unknown quantity!! woooohooo!!!

Sorry Kate, I don't understand what you mean. I'm guessing that you've posted a link that's only visible to members, not discriminated unregistered guests.

ReputationRep:
    See http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57651 for more info about reputations (also called Karma).

Also, I think this shows all of the reputation levels ickle_katy mentioned:

Obviously, however, d could have changed the required reputation levels shown above, and you may actually be able to change the text. I think the above is the default, though.

Hope this helps,

ReputationRep:
    so my guess wasnt far wrong.

although im still waiting to b unlocked.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    so my guess wasnt far wrong.

although im still waiting to b unlocked.

love Katy ***
    How do you mean, unlocked?

ReputationRep:
    d's sorting out my problem.

i cant give anyone reputaions.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:

love Katy ***
    are you sure?? Im pretty sure you gave me rep cos i said "i presume you know..." or something. soz if i offended didnt mean to just didnt want to sound patronising

love Katy ***
    Katy, you should now have 5 more clicks per day. Everyone, including you and I, can give 15 clicks per day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It'sPhil...)
    are you sure?? Im pretty sure you gave me rep cos i said "i presume you know..." or something. soz if i offended didnt mean to just didnt want to sound patronising
    after i did you, i did a couple more people and now because ive done everyone... i have to do more people before i can redo the same people again... only problem is that there arnt enough people to do...

so baisicly, the number of other people you must do before you can do a person again is set too high. obviously with good reason- or certain people who are disliked would have awful reputations!!

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if I sound a little clueless but... what's going on?! lol I take a break from the forum for a couple of days and what happens? its all totally different! what is this reputation business? how do you access it to see what your rep is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tweetsy85)
    Sorry if I sound a little clueless but... what's going on?! lol I take a break from the forum for a couple of days and what happens? its all totally different! what is this reputation business? how do you access it to see what your rep is?

at the bottom of each regestrded persons post is a little shouty guy. click on this and you can eithetr agree or disagree with the post and igve a comment (but they can see it, so dont write anything too nasty)
    then to read someones reputation hover the mouse clicker thing over theyre green circle. it'll say something like "ickle_katy is almost famous" which is a good thing. you can read your reputaions comments on the first page at the bottom of your control pannel.

thats all ive worked tou so far!

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d)
    Katy, you should now have 5 more clicks per day. Everyone, including you and I, can give 15 clicks per day.
    thats not a lot really... cant i have a couple more for being me???

and do they have to be difffernt people or can they all be used on the same person??

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    ahhh it all makes sense now! thanks katy

ReputationRep:
    at the bottom of each regestrded persons post is a little shouty guy. click on this and you can eithetr agree or disagree with the post and igve a comment (but they can see it, so dont write anything too nasty)
    Yes they can see it, but they don't know who it's from. Just don't leave any tell tale signs that its you that left the rep.

ReputationRep:
    *mumbles..*

ReputationRep:
    yeah, some arse left a comment saying 'this guy is a penis'. When I find out who this is I might treat you with the same kindness. 35 points reputation so far, I'm happy with that

Love Ad

ReputationRep:
    i think you could actually work out who made the comments- if you click on the link thats next to the comment it takes you to the thread it was made on. by knowing the time the comment was made you can see who made a comment in that thread at a particular time...

and if its a nasty reputation its not a green circle its a grey one!!! i think ive just worked out.

loe Katy ***

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 31, 2003
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.