Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm stuck!
    As well as 10 c-a* GCSES, I have Distinction* in BTEC level 3 art and design, Merit in BTEC level 3 creative media, B in A level Religious Studies, and (oh the shame!! I really messed up my A2 exam due to stress!) a D in A level Film Studies

I'm on a art foundation course at my local college right now, and my main interest is Fine Art. Within art, I like painting/sculpture/printmaking best and usually combine the three. I'm very creative but I really enjoy theories and I like to learn, and consider myself academic. I'd like a job in events management, advertising, teaching or business. This is sort of a starting point. I don't want to be the 'starving artist' I have a hunger for success, I want a nice house, but I think a degree in fine art will make me grow as a person and make me stronger. Art makes me feel confident like nothing else can.

The only open day I've been to is the university of Leeds and I thought it seemed like really good courses for fine art. However, I never saw the facilities and I've not heard many arty people talk about Leeds being good.
    I'm also really liking the idea of Goldsmiths but I've never visited and I live about 5 hours away so it's hard for me to get there for a look round. I also heard the area is a bit dodgy which worries me as I'm from the countryside in Yorkshire, which is complete opposite I guess.

So I'd love to go to London, but the reality is I have a younger sister who relies on me to be there for her, and I also have a long term boyfriend who's heartbroken as soon as I mention leaving for London.
    But it's my dream and I'm determined to go if I get a place.

ANYWAY
    I need ideas for other good universities for Fine Art or similar, and opinions on what I should do.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 19, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.