The Student Room Group

English GCSE HELP?!

I recently just got the results back from my English GCSE remark and found out I got a high C (113 ums marks) in my exam paper but my coursework is a D grade and it gave me a overall D grade 3 marks of getting a C I have been entered for November to do it AGAIN but is there anyway I could get a C ? Would Doing the foundation paper and trying to get high marks make a difference ? Anyone got any advice?
Is there any chance you could edit the coursework?
Original post by Rachmmm1996
I recently just got the results back from my English GCSE remark and found out I got a high C (113 ums marks) in my exam paper but my coursework is a D grade and it gave me a overall D grade 3 marks of getting a C I have been entered for November to do it AGAIN but is there anyway I could get a C ? Would Doing the foundation paper and trying to get high marks make a difference ? Anyone got any advice?

I think you should alter your coursework . But the foundation papers are usually harder to get a C than the higher tier papers, because you need more marks.
Reply 3
Thanks for the replies everyone unfortunately it's too late to alter the course work as exam is 3rd November college is very un organised as I found this out myself so goin to have to try very hard for those extra marks
Thanks for the replies everyone unfortunately it's too late to alter the course work as exam is 3rd November college is very un organised as I found this out myself so goin to have to try very hard for those extra marks

Stick to the higher exam and revise as hard as you can! Use online resources and do practice papers
Reply 5
Original post by bellalalaxo
Stick to the higher exam and revise as hard as you can! Use online resources and do practice papers

I asked to do higher but my teacher said it is to late as I missed the deadline date.. Do you think I could get a C with the foundation?
I asked to do higher but my teacher said it is to late as I missed the deadline date.. Do you think I could get a C with the foundation?

Yes but you'll need to get a high C which may be harder to do

Quick Reply

Latest