I want to change my choice of course at Uni

Watch
LunaLovegood2508
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm in Year Thirteen. I'm applying to University for September 2016.

Originally, I thought I wanted to study English and Film Studies. However, now, I'm not so sure about this course. I got a B in English at AS Level, and this somewhat limits my choices. I want to go to Exeter or Bristol, but these require an A in English at A Level. I don't even know if it's possible to go up a grade this year, and I'm fairly certain I'll get a B this year as well.

I'm now considering French and Film Studies, as I actually enjoy French much more than English, and I got an A at AS Level, which means I would be able to consider Exeter/Bristol/other good unis.

The problem is, I've already written my personal statement for English and Film Studies. My school has this thing where we have to finish our personal statements before October half term. That gives me 4 days to rewrite my WHOLE personal statement (PS). I know my UCAS application doesn't need to be done until January, but the teacher who's marking my PS refuses to mark any drafts I give her after half term.

I'm having a bit of a crisis, as I have to write and hand in my English coursework this Friday. I really doubt that I'll be able to do coursework AND my PS by Friday.

Help???
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by LunaLovegood2508)
I'm in Year Thirteen. I'm applying to University for September 2016.

Originally, I thought I wanted to study English and Film Studies. However, now, I'm not so sure about this course. I got a B in English at AS Level, and this somewhat limits my choices. I want to go to Exeter or Bristol, but these require an A in English at A Level. I don't even know if it's possible to go up a grade this year, and I'm fairly certain I'll get a B this year as well.

I'm now considering French and Film Studies, as I actually enjoy French much more than English, and I got an A at AS Level, which means I would be able to consider Exeter/Bristol/other good unis.

The problem is, I've already written my personal statement for English and Film Studies. My school has this thing where we have to finish our personal statements before October half term. That gives me 4 days to rewrite my WHOLE personal statement (PS). I know my UCAS application doesn't need to be done until January, but the teacher who's marking my PS refuses to mark any drafts I give her after half term.

I'm having a bit of a crisis, as I have to write and hand in my English coursework this Friday. I really doubt that I'll be able to do coursework AND my PS by Friday.

Help???
Speak to your school. A lot of schools say harsh things like this because if everyone handed in a draft later it would be an issue. If just one person is overdue it's much easier for them to still review it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (386)
56.76%
I don't have everything I need (294)
43.24%

Watched Threads