Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

general assisstant at sainsburys? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Is being "general assistant" is boring? My inductions tomorrow and im already hating the job lool. I heard all you do is stack sheleves, sweep floors and help customers. Thats so boring. I applied for customer service but they changed it for me its my first paid job. I want to be on the TILLS!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sabrinaa1234)
    Is being "general assistant" is boring? My inductions tomorrow and im already hating the job lool. I heard all you do is stack sheleves, sweep floors and help customers. Thats so boring. I applied for customer service but they changed it for me its my first paid job. I want to be on the TILLS!
    I've heard it's pretty easy to change anyway. My friend started out on fresh foods, and she transferred to join us on the checkouts within a couple of months of starting.

If you find any bit of it as boring as you're implying, you're gonna hate it no matter which department you're in.

ReputationRep:
    Chances are, if you're in a big store, you'll be trained on checkouts. If you work any peak times you'll often get an 'all till trained staff to checkouts' announcement. I spent 4 hours of my 9 hour shift on Sunday on the checkouts in total, so it can break it down.

ReputationRep:
    I work in the clothing department i just dont want to be spending the whole of my 4 hour shift putting clothes in size order...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.