hahahuoyan
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
i need to write about violence in Romeo and Juliet and refer to 6 quotes. Please help me with this ,thank u
northernlass
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
any type of violence? or just physical?
hahahuoyan
Rep:
?
(Original post by northernlass)
any type of violence? or just physical?
it doesn't mention it ,so i think it's any type of violence
northernlass
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
well i won't give quotes as i don't have the play to hand. You could look at the violence of Capulet and Juliet- emotional and physical in that he strikes her and his wife after her defiance. You have the fight at the beginning which to me is interesting as it's like the two families just search to fight, violence is almost second nature- Tybalt uses religion to justify?, the fight where mercutio dies, violence spreading to outside the two families leading to the dramatic plague bit. And you have the violence with Romeo killing Tybalt out of anger- loss of innocence, becomes what he tried to avoid. Lastly maybe the death of Romeo and Juliet- violent deaths, the desperation they both feel. I dunno what your question is but hope that helps.
hahahuoyan
Rep:
?
thank you very much ,it helps a lot
(Original post by northernlass)
well i won't give quotes as i don't have the play to hand. You could look at the violence of Capulet and Juliet- emotional and physical in that he strikes her and his wife after her defiance. You have the fight at the beginning which to me is interesting as it's like the two families just search to fight, violence is almost second nature- Tybalt uses religion to justify?, the fight where mercutio dies, violence spreading to outside the two families leading to the dramatic plague bit. And you have the violence with Romeo killing Tybalt out of anger- loss of innocence, becomes what he tried to avoid. Lastly maybe the death of Romeo and Juliet- violent deaths, the desperation they both feel. I dunno what your question is but hope that helps.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (147)
4.89%
Uncertainty around my education (443)
14.73%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (338)
11.24%
Lack of purpose or motivation (419)
13.93%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (140)
4.66%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (181)
6.02%
Loneliness (258)
8.58%
Financial worries (109)
3.62%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (123)
4.09%
Exposure to negative news/social media (136)
4.52%
Lack of real life entertainment (163)
5.42%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (266)
8.85%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (284)
9.44%

Watched Threads