Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

My parents put me down, never approve of my choices. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I swapped A levels (after the first month) for ND BTEC Art&design level 3. I'm so glad I did, I love the course!
    My parents went mad (they always put me down, complain about my choices yet I never make them foolishly) and said that I chose this only because I'm lazy. The real reasons are:
    -I love art since a very young age,
    -They knew for years now that I'm aiming to be an illustrator
    -Psychology and Sociology (which I was doing at A level with two creative subjects) don't have anything to do with my future plus I hate them so there was no point in carrying on?

They say no University or employees will want me yet they don't know anything about the British educational system because they're polish. I have a set plan of how to get to where I want to be but they won't listen! My mum asked me what will I do if illustration doesn't work out, I said that in that case I will try another field in the art industry like marketing, gallery exhibition officer, animator etc.. there's so many choices! I don't think this reply made her happy but honestly, working in anything else than the creative business will make me miserable, I love arts too much.
    How can I convince them that what I am currently doing will turn out fine in the end?

ReputationRep:
    If possible show her example of your work and the progress your making to show her that you will make it in Art. Plus, parents always want you to just copy them rather than pursue your own interests so its best not to take their views into too much consideration

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.