Turn on thread page Beta

Views on this? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Do you think they should have been arrested? why are the appealing this?

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    So they wanted people to be killed because of how nature made them? :lolwut:

Justice has prevailed IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indeterminate)

i agree 100%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saxsan4)
    Do you think they should have been arrested? why are the appealing this?

This is pretty old news. What prompted you to post it today?

My view is that these men should not have been prosecuted. A lot of the problems we are encountering today is that there is insufficient space for people to voice their opinion - even hateful opinion - and that includes insufficient space for people to harshly criticise Islam as it deserves

ReputationRep:
    Hi! 2012 here! How are you doing?

(Original post by Rat_Bag)
    This is pretty old news. What prompted you to post it today?

My view is that these men should not have been prosecuted. A lot of the problems we are encountering today is that there is insufficient space for people to voice their opinion - even hateful opinion - and that includes insufficient space for people to harshly criticise Islam as it deserves
    "The men distributed a leaflet that said Islam called for anyone caught committing homosexuality to be executed."

ReputationRep:
    When I see 'people' like this, somehow I forget my actual views and start supporting the death penalty.

ReputationRep:
    Notice they are trying to play victim by claiming the UK is trying to make parts of Islam illegal (rather than simply abhorrent)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    When I see 'people' like this, somehow I forget my actual views and start supporting the death penalty.
    Really?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rat_Bag)
    Really?
    Really.

ReputationRep:
    I ****ing dislike racist, sexist, homophobic and islamophobic people./

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indeterminate)

Its called homophobia

ReputationRep:
    I can't see how these guys would appeal what they've done. The two guys who justified it at the end did so unashamedly. Ignorance. Where is the humanity? This clearly is not Islam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anomaly0)
    I can't see how these guys would appeal what they've done. The two guys who justified it at the end did so unashamedly. Ignorance. Where is the humanity? This clearly is not Islam.
    I think they are going to play the 'we don't say this OUR FAITH says this so should be exempt as it is our faith' card.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eoe)
    Given islam's homophobia (as this example shows) aren't you islamophobic for disliking this aspect of Islam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eoe)
    What if someone is Islamophobic because of the sexist and homophobia inherent within Islam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    Given islam's homophobia (as this example shows) aren't you islamophobic for disliking this aspect of Islam?
    There is a difference in disagreeing RESPECTFULLY with someones lifestyle and spreading hate and ignorance.
    For example, an atheist disagrees with the lifestyle of a religous person, however he is not gonna express hate, Right?

Similarly, Muslims should not say hateful things against homosexuals. Saying things like " You will go to hell " or "you are filthy " is pretty disrespectful and hateful
    They should simply say we disagree without making any negative or rude remarks,

Thats it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    Really.
    Death penalty for holding views and distributing leaflets communicating those views?

The views may be disgusting as is trying to spread them, but is the death penalty really a proportionate response ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eoe)
    Similarly, Muslims should not say hateful things against homosexuals. Saying things like " You will go to hell " or "you are filthy " is pretty disrespectful and hateful

Thats it
    But it's what their faith says are you saying to muslims your faith is wrong? If so you are an Islamophobia

As I said given Islams inherent homophobia and you don't like homophobia you don't like parts of islam so you are a Islamophobia so you must hate yourself.

and how do you tell someone part of their faith is abhorrent in a respectful manner?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eoe)
    There is a difference in disagreeing RESPECTFULLY with someones lifestyle and spreading hate and ignorance.
    For example, an atheist disagrees with the lifestyle of a religous person, however he is not gonna express hate, Right?

Thats it
    Being gay is not a lifestyle. There is no respectful way of 'disagreeing' with homosexuality, just like there is no respectful way of disagreeing with being black or disabled or ginger or left handed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    But it's what their faith says are you saying to muslims your faith is wrong? If so you are an Islamophobia

As I said given Islams inherent homophobia and you don't like homophobia you don't like parts of islam so you are a Islamophobia so you must hate yourself.

and how do you tell someone part of their faith is abhorrent in a respectful manner?
    It's simple. You don't tell them in a respectful manner.

The 'tolerate the intolerant' brigade is exhausting. Go away.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.