What colours do you associate with certain subjects?

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
RyzoRGS
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I have recently gotten coloured cards and labels for my revision and I am wondering what colours you associate with your subjects and to see if they will work for me
Anon_98
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
What colours do you have + what subjects do you do?
For me it's:

Chemistry - Green
Maths - Orange
Biology- Pink.

:woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile
BekahMay
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
For me
Philosophy - Yellow
Biology - Green
English - Blue
Chemistry - Red
georgiaTK
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
English is light blue, Maths is orange, History is red, Physics is yellow, Biology is green....

I just associate them with the colour my exercise book was in high school
username2088165
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I still sometimes associate subjects with the colours of the books we used for each subject in high school:

Maths - orange
Biology - green
Chemistry - orangey yellow
Physics - dark blue
History - yellow
Geography - dark green
English - blue
RE - pink
pineneedles
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by RyzoRGS)
I have recently gotten coloured cards and labels for my revision and I am wondering what colours you associate with your subjects and to see if they will work for me
My step-dad helped me choose what colour leverarch file to use for each of my subjects, the reasoning was:
Chemistry - Red (Danger!)
Maths - Purple (Because Cadbury's chocolate is in purple wrapping, and Cadbury's is "The flavour that counts!")
Biology - Green (Because plants, I guess)
Physics - Blue. No good reason for that.
Too much thought went into this, as you can tell.
Asolare
Report 6 years ago
Only associate the colours based on my textbook colours usually...

Sociology = Orange (I do a2 but as book is orange)
Philosophy = Blue
German = Green for some reason.. even though the book isn't.
RedStar98
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
For me at the moment:
Politics- blue
English-red
Psychology- green/blue/turquoise colour

back when i did GCSES some of my colours were:
Geography- dark green
Chemistry- orange
Biology- light green
Physics- purple
History- red
Maths- blue
English- yellow
French- grey
math42
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Pretty much whatever colour my books were back when everyone had books instead of folders
maths and physics are blue, biology and geography are green, chemistry is yellow, history is red, others I don't really have a consistent association
Kocytean
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I've got:
Physics- Purple
Computer Science- Black and White
Maths - Sky Blue
Further Maths - Red
Chemistry - Dark Red

A bit weird actually.
ombtom
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by RyzoRGS)
Maths: black.
Anon_98
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by pineneedles)
My step-dad helped me choose what colour leverarch file to use for each of my subjects, the reasoning was:
Chemistry - Red (Danger!)
Maths - Purple (Because Cadbury's chocolate is in purple wrapping, and Cadbury's is "The flavour that counts!")
Biology - Green (Because plants, I guess)
Physics - Blue. No good reason for that.
Too much thought went into this, as you can tell.
Aw, this is cute. :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Serine Soul
Badges: 18
Report 6 years ago
Biology- Green (plants)
Chemistry - Blue (copper sulfate)
Maths - Black (plain and sophisticated)
English Lit - Pink (romance)

That was my coordination last year :yep:

Now it's different because I have patterned folders instead
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Biology - pink
Chemistry - blue
English - White?
Physics - orange
Geography- green
Psychology - blue
Maths - red/black
Philosophy- yellow
History - brown
gapyear2018
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Biology-green
physics-pink
chemistry-blue
maths-red
history-brown
banterboy
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
biology; yellow. Chemistry: blue. Physics: red. Philosophy: Green. English: Orange. Maths: White. History: Purple.

These are the colour of the exercise books we used in lessons, apart from maths (we had blue ones) and we used red ones for all the sciences.
username402722
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Purple with UKIP
Red with left-wing politics
Pink with lipstick
Sky blue with Manchester City FC
Yellow with daffodils
hoafanuk
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Biology - Green
Chemistry - Blue
French - Red
Spanish - Yellow
kirstenmcfly
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Chemistry - red
Maths - blue
Biology - green
English - purple
Physics - orange

Posted from TSR Mobile
Andy98
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I don't?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did the Edexcel A Level Further Mathematics Paper 3C exam go for you?

Great! (49)
19.52%
Quite well (61)
24.3%
Not so good (77)
30.68%
Terrible! (64)
25.5%

Watched Threads