Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, so I am here to rant / find out if anyone has the same issues as me.

I'm a 2nd year student, so no newbie to living like a student, but this year has been ridiculous so far.
    I'm in rented accommodation, the only decent stuff in the city that isn't for a million people or way out of town but I am £10 a week down with rent. My parents have to help me pay it but student finance is being crazy ridiculous. They have given me the smallest amount of money in the first and longest term (15 weeks), and over double the amount in my final term that is a third of the length (5 weeks).

As a bio science student I have a sporadic timetable that can change hours before the lectures, I can't get a part time job because I simply don't have the time, but I have so little to live on, I have to buy food sparingly and make it last.

It is simply not healthy to have to stress about money, uni work, food and not eat right all because we get so little money when we need it the most.

Is anyone else noticing a change in finance this year? Everything seems to be so skewed and useless.

Sorry guys, rant over.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by H2OfanRikki)
    X
    Hiya,

This actually sounds like a common student finance issue. They add extra money to get you through summer, whilst assuming that the semester lasts for the same 15 weeks as your first semester.

There's no room for negotiation with SFE though, as in you can't ask them for the last term first or anything. Sorry!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.