Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I havent eaten properly for more than 2 weeks. On a good day I'll manage my breakfast and a bit of my tea but on a bad day I wont eat anything. Take today for example, when I woke up I didnt feel great so I skipped breakfast, when I got to school my best friend told me she felt sick so I started to panic so much I made myself feel physically sick. At break time I realized I should eat something so I had two plain biscuits, then I immediately regretted it because I started to feel sick. At lunch my friend threw up and straight away I went into panic mode and didnt eat. So in 24 hours I have had two biscuits. I know I should eat and I really want to but the thought of it makes me feel sick or like I'm going to be sick, and I really dont want to be because I hate being sick and my sister has emetophobia (severe fear of being sick) . Please someone tell me something that would help me start eating again, I'm getting desperate.

ReputationRep:
    Go to your GP they'll help you get in contact with someone that can help

ReputationRep:
    Have some sort of juice then gradually add food.

ReputationRep:
    Prior to these two weeks, were you eating normally? I had a two week period where I was eating a slice of bread and some milk, other days just a biscuit for about 2 weeks, gradually my appetite improved and now I'm eating like a horse. Did anything trigger this? Are you actually feeling hungry but unable to eat? Or do you have absolutely no desire to eat?

ReputationRep:
    Please go see your GP, you could end up seriously ill if you don't soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zuki)
    Prior to these two weeks, were you eating normally? I had a two week period where I was eating a slice of bread and some milk, other days just a biscuit for about 2 weeks, gradually my appetite improved and now I'm eating like a horse. Did anything trigger this? Are you actually feeling hungry but unable to eat? Or do you have absolutely no desire to eat?
    Before the two weeks I was eating completely normally, I do get hungry so I havent lost my appetite completely I just cant bring myself to eat because the thought of it makes me feel worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bellalalaxo)
    Please go see your GP, you could end up seriously ill if you don't soon
    My sister is being treated for her fear of being sick, so if I ever mention that I feel the same way my mum completely dismisses it as if I'm not a priority so I doubt I'll be going to my GP any time soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annabrocklehurst)
    My sister is being treated for her fear of being sick, so if I ever mention that I feel the same way my mum completely dismisses it as if I'm not a priority so I doubt I'll be going to my GP any time soon
    Take yourself to the Doctors, you don't need your parents permission, and it's completely confidential so there's no reason not to go

ReputationRep:
    you can book an appointment yourself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bellalalaxo)
    you can book an appointment yourself
    Thats the problem I cant

ReputationRep:
    Thats the problem I cant
    Pretend you have some kind of other issue, like a pain somewhere, and if ur parents come with u ask the doctor if you can talk in private

ReputationRep:
    Thats the problem I cant
    Why not?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 20, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.