Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So this year I faced a disappointment with my Art as-level grade (as did all of my classmates, and as I have been told, numerous other schools). I had been expected a very strong A all year, and came out with a B (the whole class got at least 8 marks lower than expected which is ridiculous) - this was all down to the external moderation. As I said, numerous other schools reported having incredibly harsh moderators, and because of this, loads of us are facing pressures on required uni grades. I had originally wanted to achieve an A* overall, but having been marked down last year, I now have to get 79/80 marks to do so. THAT IS LOSING ONLY ONE MARK over the entire year. My friend (who was also expecting an A* overall) also has to get 79/80, but to achieve an A - she can't even get an A* anymore. Others in my class are going to struggle to get Bs.

I just want to know whether anyone else has found this, what with harsh moderating this year, and the ridiculously high grade boundaries? And how are you coping with the stress of it all!??

Sian, A2 Art student x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 19, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.