Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Urgent ICT help please!!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone, I am currently doing the edexcel ICT gcse coursework based on a music festival. I am writing up the review for activity 1 and the deadline for activity 1 is this Thursday so I have to make sure it is perfect by then. For the question about the survey, it asks to 'Explain how you conducted your survey' and then to 'Summarise what you found out from your survey.' I just need help on what kind of stuff to write here that will get high marks. I've already done the survey and have completed everything else, now I'm just trying to finish off the review.
    Any help from anyone who has done this course and ideally got a good mark in it, will be much appreciated.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guy123)
    Hello everyone, I am currently doing the edexcel ICT gcse coursework based on a music festival. I am writing up the review for activity 1 and the deadline for activity 1 is this Thursday so I have to make sure it is perfect by then. For the question about the survey, it asks to 'Explain how you conducted your survey' and then to 'Summarise what you found out from your survey.' I just need help on what kind of stuff to write here that will get high marks. I've already done the survey and have completed everything else, now I'm just trying to finish off the review.
    Any help from anyone who has done this course and ideally got a good mark in it, will be much appreciated.
    Thank you
    Stop stressing- that bit isn't even worth like any marks lol. I'm doing this course and I'm on track for an A*.

What I wrote(from memory) is that I did it on Microsoft word, thought carefully about questions I wanted to ask based on research and specific information I wanted from my target audience, I then talked about open questions, closed questions etc and why one was needed in place of the other. Then I said I printed it out and sent it to like 50 people in different areas (complete BS) in order to get a somewhat representative sample- said these people were in my target audience. I also gave examples of my questions and explained a little why I asked that particular question.

For summary basically i posted the charts I made into this section and then I also said stuff like: from my survey I can see that people are willing to pay over £40 for a ticket but the majority are willing to pay with £25-35, because of this my price of my ticket is likely to lie between that range, but further research is needed etc etc. Do this till you get bored x D

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScienceFantatic)
    Stop stressing- that bit isn't even worth like any marks lol. I'm doing this course and I'm on track for an A*.

What I wrote(from memory) is that I did it on Microsoft word, thought carefully about questions I wanted to ask based on research and specific information I wanted from my target audience, I then talked about open questions, closed questions etc and why one was needed in place of the other. Then I said I printed it out and sent it to like 50 people in different areas (complete BS) in order to get a somewhat representative sample- said these people were in my target audience. I also gave examples of my questions and explained a little why I asked that particular question.

For summary basically i posted the charts I made into this section and then I also said stuff like: from my survey I can see that people are willing to pay over £40 for a ticket but the majority are willing to pay with £25-35, because of this my price of my ticket is likely to lie between that range, but further research is needed etc etc. Do this till you get bored x D

Hope this helps
    Thank you so much, I have a much better of what to do now
    (I get bored doing it anyway )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guy123)
    Thank you so much, I have a much better of what to do now
    (I get bored doing it anyway )
    It's alright mate- let me know if you need help with anything else.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.