uni interview!! Watch

This discussion is closed.
yannie
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
hi, i really want to do the "mathematics and music" joint honours degree at edinburgh uni, i think i'll get teh grades for it and i have grade 7 on the piano so that parts ok but ive just read that i might have an interviewn for the music part, i was just wondering if anyone knows what this interview will be like and what they will ask?? ive got grade 7 but i dont know much of teh theory of music so im a bit scared that i'll get caught out and not get in, please help!!!!!! x
Dr. Blazed
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You'd better start learning theory. You might not need it in the interview, but the degree will be 95% theory.
eternalsunshine
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Don't you need grade 5 theory to do grade 7 practical? I thought there was some silly rule like that..
yannie
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
yeah ive got my grade 5 theory but thats not really very deatailed so i think i'd start off way behind! im thinking that i should probably do grade 7 or 8 theory too so i dont seem completley stupid!! so do you think they'll ask me to play something or what if i get an interview?? thankyou
ruthiepoothie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by yannie)
yeah ive got my grade 5 theory but thats not really very deatailed so i think i'd start off way behind! im thinking that i should probably do grade 7 or 8 theory too so i dont seem completley stupid!! so do you think they'll ask me to play something or what if i get an interview?? thankyou
Why don't you email them and ask them what you need to prepare for the interview....or what kind of things you will be asked.
That way you will know for sure..
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1236)
79.59%
Leave (317)
20.41%

Watched Threads