How do you outline and evaluate in psychologyWatch
Or are you looking for someone to give you the answer?
Evaluate means give some strengths and weaknesses, so following your outline say something generic like 'the biological approach has both strengths and weaknesses. strengths include...'
you should have been taught the strengths and weaknesses of the various approaches, I can't remember exactly what you learn at A level
- key concepts within the approach such as the role of the CNS, genes and hormones on behaviour. maybe bring in the role of our biology including brain lateralisation in gender development
- research methods used within the approach including the use of MRI and PET brain scanning techniques; the observational method is very important to biopsychology
- maybe introduce the debate of 'nature vs nature' which is a prominant debate within psychology and discuss the biology approach's stance in the debate
- evaluate brain scanning techniques i.e. in terms of reliability and validity
- evaluate the observational method as it is used in biopsychology
- evaluate the biological approach in terms of its scientific status
hope that gives you a rough idea of what to mention - ask your teacher for further guidance as I'm not familiar with this type of question
evaluate- give strengths and limitations of the approach. E.g. subjective/ real-life application/ doesn't take into account biological factors......
good luck :-)