Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Stupid questions and confusion. watch

    • Thread Starter

    I'm 15, year 11, doing GCSE'S.
    I want to be a veterinary nurse.
    I know I need GCSE'S of a A*-C, but I dont know what to do after that.

    On this website (link below) it says I have to do an apprentice ship. Do I do that when I leave high school and how do I get one?

    I was going to study chemistry biology (and maths OR physics) in a normal college but this website says otherwise about ''work-based training'' WHAT!?

    I'm VERY confused :c


    Hi, you would do an apprenticeship after you finish year 11. Alternatively, if you want to go to college that's absolutely fine because you can study the subjects you want and complete relevant work experience (as it says on the website) at the same time. I think this would be the better option because it would give you the chance to study more than one subject (whereas an apprenticeship just leads you down one route), and broaden your skills ready for when you train to become a veterinary nurse. Studying a variety of subjects at college is also good because you might change your mind about what you want to do the future - you never know!
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Apprenticeship zone:

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Zone

All you need to know about higher and degree apprenticeships.

GIGF logo

Meet the apprentices

Read these case studies from real apprentices to hear the truth about what it's like!

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Vacancies

Find the latest higher and degree apprenticeship opportunities.

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

ICAEW logo


"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick links:

Unanswered apprenticeships and alternatives to university threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.