Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The effectiveness of population policies adopted in different countries since the 1990s to include birth control programmes and other strategies adopted.

What does this on the specification refer to? I have nothing in my notes nor revision guides. Can anyone explain this to me?

ReputationRep:
    What Exam Board and Spec are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure about 1990's, but China's one child policy of the 1980's is what I studied for AQA Geography.

ReputationRep:
    I think this is the question that came up on the human paper this year!

um, i wrote about china's one child policy but just make sure that you don't mention any info that's from before 1990, i remember people thinking that it was a bit of a weird twist as most of the case study info is from before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j05h.wr1ght)
    What Exam Board and Spec are you doing?
    This is AQA Geography A

ReputationRep:
    I took GCSE geography last year and if my your school is using the same case studies as we did then I think the only two you can possibly use is China's one child policy or Kerala's family planning policy, Just make sure you talk about the policy's from the 90's onward. However the question does not directly say you need to talk about birth control policy's only, so that opens up to use ageing population case studies like Japan and how have they used policy to change the population etc. You could even talk about how France has implemented policy to change the population. So basically I would talk about them four countries. How many marks is the question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A-levels hurt)
    I took GCSE geography last year and if my your school is using the same case studies as we did then I think the only two you can possibly use is China's one child policy or Kerala's family planning policy, Just make sure you talk about the policy's from the 90's onward. However the question does not directly say you need to talk about birth control policy's only, so that opens up to use ageing population case studies like Japan and how have they used policy to change the population etc. You could even talk about how France has implemented policy to change the population. So basically I would talk about them four countries. How many marks is the question?
    Biiiig problem with using the One Child Policy.

There is now practically no such thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeenPolyglot)
    Biiiig problem with using the One Child Policy.

There is now practically no such thing.
    I'd say that it's still a perfectly good thing to use. Instead of evaluating it by saying it might cause a population deficit with not enough working age people to support dependents, you could say that they've attempted to correct it by increasing it to two.

Also, for 'other strategies', correct me if I'm wrong but you're looking for the case study where they spread residents over Indonesia to reduce population density.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 31, 2015

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.