Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

When a guy asks you to his house for pre-drinks... watch

Announcements

So, me and this guy have known each other for years, but only started talking properly like last year. We'd always talk when we were out and saw each other, but never text or anything. He actually liked my friend, so that was how I saw him most of the time, but they both moved on (my friend has a boyfriend now.) He would text me sometimes when he was after my friend, like in a friendly way, and then he started texting more frequently. I texted back in a friendly way, too, as I saw him as a friend back then and I still see him as a friend now. Though I'm not sure if he wants more out of it...With my friend, he was so forward and always suggested meeting up and talking about her in a romantic way, but he's never done that to me, so this is why I'm also not sure how he sees me...

There's a party coming up, and he asked if I was going, and I said I had no one to go with, so he suggested to go with him. I said yes because we'd been out as friends before. But then he asked if I wanted to have pre-drinks at his house.

As the title says, what does this mean?

I really don't like him in that way, just as a friend. But if I went would he get the wrong idea? I was thinking of asking if one of my friends could come? Would this make it obvious that I'm not interested?

If I didn't go for the pre-drinks, I'd see him at the event, anyway, so I wouldn't want any awkwardness...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So, me and this guy have known each other for years, but only started talking properly like last year. We'd always talk when we were out and saw each other, but never text or anything. He actually liked my friend, so that was how I saw him most of the time, but they both moved on (my friend has a boyfriend now.) He would text me sometimes when he was after my friend, like in a friendly way, and then he started texting more frequently. I texted back in a friendly way, too, as I saw him as a friend back then and I still see him as a friend now. Though I'm not sure if he wants more out of it...With my friend, he was so forward and always suggested meeting up and talking about her in a romantic way, but he's never done that to me, so this is why I'm also not sure how he sees me...

There's a party coming up, and he asked if I was going, and I said I had no one to go with, so he suggested to go with him. I said yes because we'd been out as friends before. But then he asked if I wanted to have pre-drinks at his house.

I really don't like him in that way, just as a friend. But if I went would he get the wrong idea? I was thinking of asking if one of my friends could come? Would this make it obvious that I'm not interested?

If I didn't go for the pre-drinks, I'd see him at the event, anyway, so I wouldn't want any awkwardness...
    If you don't want anything then just ask if a friend can come, even if that makes it obvious that you're not interested, what's wrong with making it obvious? It's easier than tip toeing around him and making him get the wrong idea.

(Original post by Tezcatlipoca12)
    If you don't want anything then just ask if a friend can come, even if that makes it obvious that you're not interested, what's wrong with making it obvious? It's easier than tip toeing around him and making him get the wrong idea.
    I didn't mean it like that. I meant that would asking a friend to come be kind of mean and disrespectful? I don't want any awkwardness, or for him to think that I don't want to be his friend.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't mean it like that. I meant that would asking a friend to come be kind of mean and disrespectful? I don't want any awkwardness, or for him to think that I don't want to be his friend.
    I don't think so, if you don't like him in that way then he'd probably prefer to be told straight than led on.

ReputationRep:
    He wants to drink out of the furry cup...

ReputationRep:

He is just asking if you wanted to come to his house to get a bit tipsy beforehand, I don't think it means anything, I have had pre-drinks with male friends before and it meant nothing, it's just fun. If he gets the wrong idea just let him know gently that you're not comfortable with it.

It sounds like a friendly invite, if you were getting absolutely wrecked together beforehand then he may have ulterior motives but I wouldn't overthink it too much

How are we supposed to know? We don't know him. It's pretty likely he wants to insert his penis inside of you though.

ReputationRep:
    Why do you presume he wants something to happen? Pre-drinks is common, the fact he asked you doesn't mean ****. He could just want to hang before you go out?

Honestly though, Prepare your anus; It's gunna get rough.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 19, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.