Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    So apparently I was supposed to put down my school for the UCAS reference to allow them to give a predicted grades for my leaving cert (I'm from Ireland) but my guidance councillor never told me that. I put my work experience down and my principal started talking to me the same way you'd talk to a child who just tore out a page from his book in primary school ( "why would you do something like that?" "wasnt it obvious what you were supposed to do"). I've emailed all the colleges I've applied to about accepting a reference from the school but would this put me at a major disadvantage ?
    Also for the SAQ what do I need to do for the transcript. I just recently moved school so they have no record of my previous work and I wouldn't be able to get anything from my old school in time for the deadline. Also my new principal has no idea what I'm talking about it regards to the transcript.
    Sorry if it seems a bit rantish I'm just really worried about this and I feel like an idiot for ending up in this situtation

    Contact UCAS on this issue. They are the ones who will give the correct information and can actually help, here won't help and will just stir you up more.
Do you like carrot cake?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.