Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Are trainee solicitors in London given personal Offices? watch

ReputationRep:
    If I was to obtain a training contact with a large firm in London, would I be given my own office? Would it be a small room and upgraded to like a Large window Office when promoted etc? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 198aantoniou)
    If I was to obtain a training contact with a large firm in London, would I be given my own office? Would it be a small room and upgraded to like a Large window Office when promoted etc? Thanks.
    Yes. You would also be entitled to one Newton's cradle, a minimum of two bonsais and a small selection of framed Spy caricatures.

ReputationRep:
    I imagine you'd be given the cupboard under the stairs and a box to sit on. No, probably not to begin with.

ReputationRep:
    Please tell me this is a windup....

But anyway...

Depends on the firm. Some are moving to a more open plan format and even hot-desking these days, and moving away from shared smaller offices.

However most are more traditional which means you share a smaller office at most levels of seniority. It's only usually partners who get their own office, and even they often have to share with trainees they are supervising.

Ultimately space is at a premium and real estate/facilities are usually one of the biggest things a firm has to pay for after salaries. With them trying to save costs/money (especially as salaries rise and chargeable hourly rates stay fairly flat), there's little chance of getting a big spacious office, even if you are very senior!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah OP, so naive and pure

:moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 198aantoniou)
    Ahahahaha. Ahahaha. Ahaha.

Most partners don't get their own office.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    LOOOOOOOOOL, ffs. You're in for a rude awakening.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    No,trainees solicitors aren't really treated with the utmost respect. You have to earn that.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.