Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I am in the process of thinking about dropping out. I received both a loan and bursary at the start of term.

Am I right in thinking the loan will be added to my debt, and I pay that back when I start earning over 21k, and the bursary I will have to pay back straight away?

I will only have to pay back the bursary amount I was given for this term, correct? (£1200, I think) as opposed to a years amount? I've not spent any of the bursary, so this shouldn't be a problem.

Many thanks
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    You need to check about the bursary with the uni.

ReputationRep:
    You're paid your loan in advance. If you drop out mid-term, you will need to immediately repay any of your loan which was supposed to cover you from the date you leave, to the date of the next payment. The loan amount which covers you from the start of term to the date you drop out, will be repayable when you star earning over the threshold.

As OU Student says, you will need to check with the uni about your bursary. Each uni can set its own terms and conditions.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.