Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

So I have applied for Oxford's philosophy and theology course and in early November am required to take the philosophy admissions test. I've looked at the past paper they offer and it's obviously very difficult and new to me. I was wondering if any of you guys are also taking it and/or if you have any tips for preparation or the exam itself.

Thanks!
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    :bump:

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm also applying for Theology and Philosophy at Oxford and have to do this admissions test also. I'm not an expert on how to do well, because like you I find this very different. I think the biggest tip is just to be yourself and to not try to be someone you're not. It's your voice and reasoning they want to see. Make sure you take the time in the test to read the question properly and plan your answer rather than rushing into your response. This will ensure your answer can be as rational and coherent as possible. There's not really a certain way that will ensure you doing well but you can use your essay skills from what you've learnt in school to help you present your argument in the best possible way that you know how.
    Best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitttsy)
    How did everyone find it?
    It was alright. Didn't really have a clue for question 1 and subsequently chose chose question 3 which was alright.! Haha it was just okay tbh. Yourself?

ReputationRep:
    The more I think about it the more I worry about how I did.. Last years exam was a blessing compared to this. Timing was a killer too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitttsy)
    The more I think about it the more I worry about how I did.. Last years exam was a blessing compared to this. Timing was a killer too
    I completely agree😭😭

ReputationRep:
    I made a lot of silly mistakes and I was running on 2 hours sleep :/ if I'm honest I am very disappointed with my poor answers just hoping for the best now and praying (ironically) that everyone is in the same boat as me

ReputationRep:
    I liked the prayer question, the comprehension was a myth though😂😂😂

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.