Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Feel so lonely and depressed in LDR watch

We've been together 2 years, long distance for the last 18 months. At first it wasn't so bad as it was supposed to be short term. However it's getting so much harder recently. In my head I set a 'goal' of September to be when I moved nearer him but that's been and gone and I can't find any jobs in the same city as him. We see each other every 3 weeks for a weekend but when I leave I'm almost in tears, I I just feel really empty and lonely coming back to my house. I have little interest in making friends or more of a social life here because this isn't where I want to be. I keep myself busy, I do something every evening and try and keep in contact with old friends but I can't shake this feeling of emptiness.

Is this normal? I feel like I'm becoming obsessed with my boyfriend to the point where I'd rather see him than anyone else. Surely this isn't healthy. I'm worried that when I do eventually move I'll end up wanting to spend too much time with him.

ReputationRep:
    It's probably because you've been in a long distance relationship for a year plus. I think the best thing to do is to get some career or CV advice so that you can get a job in the city he's in quicker, but you should also make sure you make an effort to stay in touch with the close friends you have in your current city, and if your worried about getting to clingy with him when you do move closer to him, aim to engage in activities you find interesting i.e. pottery, water color painting, kickboxing etc

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 20, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.