Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I just received an invitation for an interview at leeds for mechanical engineering and was wondering if anyone had any idea what sort of questions they ask?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, kinni rotiyan khandaa hai tu?

ReputationRep:
    Hey man, the questions from Leeds are very basic, about your personal statement and why you want to study engineering...don't worry too much!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, just wondering how you know that?

ReputationRep:
    I am a graduate

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, how did you find it there

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it was good... I would definitely recommend it! There is a fare amount of theoretical and practical work, which makes it more challenging. Moreover, the first 2 years are more general, same for Aero, Auto, Medical and Mech Engineers, so you can switch if you find another interest in your 3rd year. They also have strong research in Robotics and Medical Engineering, but you can find dissertation projects in other topics as well in your 3rd/4th year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexkol)
    Yeah, it was good... I would definitely recommend it! There is a fare amount of theoretical and practical work, which makes it more challenging. Moreover, the first 2 years are more general, same for Aero, Auto, Medical and Mech Engineers, so you can switch if you find another interest in your 3rd year. They also have strong research in Robotics and Medical Engineering, but you can find dissertation projects in other topics as well in your 3rd/4th year.
    Hey , do you know anyone that studies Petroleum Engineering in Leeds?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how many people fail the invierview? I don't have the best history with interviews so I don't want much to ride on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swindlz)
    Does anyone know how many people fail the invierview? I don't have the best history with interviews so I don't want much to ride on it.
    Very small amount. The fact that you are invited to an interview means that they want you. I wouldn't worry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexkol)
    Very small amount. The fact that you are invited to an interview means that they want you. I wouldn't worry!
    As a graduate, did you know anyone that went to an applicant day?
    I got invited but the mini interview is freaking me out lol, also did the activities for the day require previous knowledge on the subject?

Would appreciate your help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingsOf)
    As a graduate, did you know anyone that went to an applicant day?
    I got invited but the mini interview is freaking me out lol, also did the activities for the day require previous knowledge on the subject?

Would appreciate your help
    I've seen what people do in the applicant day...So there a group activity where you wrap up an egg with strokes and you throw it from the 5th floor and the interview is basic stuff on your application, so that they are sure that you like engineering. As I said before 99% gets offers, so don't worry!

ReputationRep:
    Would it be the same basic sort of questions for physics?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hyjacked)
    Would it be the same basic sort of questions for physics?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have no idea about physics, sorry...

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.