Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm generally used to being one of the top few people in my classes and my GCSE results were pretty good but after coming on to a level it seems I just can't bring myself to care anymore. My homework grades are slipping slightly - not enough for it to be a cause for concern just yet, but I just can't get my self to do as much work anymore. I do have goals and need to achieve top grades to study what I want... And I know I can achieve them if I put the effort in... But I am completely unable to motivate myself the way that I used to in GCSEs and the first few weeks of A Levels - I'm finding getting completely organised hard too - as I can't bring myself to do that either. I'm not finding the work set overly challenging or anything - but as Im leaving homeworks to the last minute so I have to rush them, the workload is feeling a lot greater than it would if I could do it on time. Does anyone else feel a bit overwhelmed like this? Any advice would be appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    My advice. At half term get some rest, let off steam but dont drink too much. Come back refreshed and focused.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #sarahsmith2)
    I'm generally used to being one of the top few people in my classes and my GCSE results were pretty good but after coming on to a level it seems I just can't bring myself to care anymore. My homework grades are slipping slightly - not enough for it to be a cause for concern just yet, but I just can't get my self to do as much work anymore. I do have goals and need to achieve top grades to study what I want... And I know I can achieve them if I put the effort in... But I am completely unable to motivate myself the way that I used to in GCSEs and the first few weeks of A Levels - I'm finding getting completely organised hard too - as I can't bring myself to do that either. I'm not finding the work set overly challenging or anything - but as Im leaving homeworks to the last minute so I have to rush them, the workload is feeling a lot greater than it would if I could do it on time. Does anyone else feel a bit overwhelmed like this? Any advice would be appreciated!
    Who cares?

ReputationRep:
    Possibly (burnout), but like the previous post above, during term break or something take a week or so to chill completely or try picking up a hobby or exercise to distract you from work for awhile and then try to get on with your work.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.