The Student Room Group

What to do for my A-Levels?

I am a year 11 student. Looking in to continue in to sixth form. I what to become a solicitor when I'm older and I'm just looking for advise on what do be doing right now, at A-levels(courses), what universities are recommended, what university courses, etc. I've researched Law and Criminology? Also, any volunteering, obviously once I'm a bit older. Thank you :-)
I want to be a solicitor when I'm older too (corporate law, to be precise) and I'm picking Maths, English Lit, Economics, and French. :biggrin:
Original post by cherryblossoming
I want to be a solicitor when I'm older too (corporate law, to be precise) and I'm picking Maths, English Lit, Economics, and French. :biggrin:

I'm really interested in choosing English literature! I just imagine it will be so hard:frown:
Original post by aiyshalazereg
I'm really interested in choosing English literature! I just imagine it will be so hard:frown:

I'm really interested in English Lit too - I'm doing it at GCSE right now and absolutely adore it. The workload and stress is a bit annoying to be honest but I really find it interesting, so I'm gonna take it. :u:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Essay based subjects are great for Law! So English and History would be great, Sociology would be perfect or even Law itself if your school offers it, Politics etc... Psychology is my favourite subject and I'd recommend it to anyone if they have a genuine interest in studying people! I personally think it's also a great combination with Law! However, if you're not really a fan of science based subjects you may not enjoy it at exam time. :biggrin:
Well I am planning to do Law and I am currently doing History, Geography, Psychology and Law. As you can see, I quite evidently enjoy writing essays :colondollar: and prefer humanities and social sciences to other subjects. What is the most important factor in terms of doing Law is that you get high grades and potentially high UMS too depending on the uni you are interested in. Essay based subjects are always recommended so something like History/Psychology would work very well. English Lit is a common option among aspiring Law candidates so do consider that. To show variety you could pick a language or a STEM subject. Good luck!!

Quick Reply

Latest