Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am a year 11 student. Looking in to continue in to sixth form. I what to become a solicitor when I'm older and I'm just looking for advise on what do be doing right now, at A-levels(courses), what universities are recommended, what university courses, etc. I've researched Law and Criminology? Also, any volunteering, obviously once I'm a bit older. Thank you :-)

ReputationRep:
    I want to be a solicitor when I'm older too (corporate law, to be precise) and I'm picking Maths, English Lit, Economics, and French.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryblossoming)
    I want to be a solicitor when I'm older too (corporate law, to be precise) and I'm picking Maths, English Lit, Economics, and French.
    I'm really interested in choosing English literature! I just imagine it will be so hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aiyshalazereg)
    I'm really interested in choosing English literature! I just imagine it will be so hard
    I'm really interested in English Lit too - I'm doing it at GCSE right now and absolutely adore it. The workload and stress is a bit annoying to be honest but I really find it interesting, so I'm gonna take it.

ReputationRep:
    Essay based subjects are great for Law! So English and History would be great, Sociology would be perfect or even Law itself if your school offers it, Politics etc... Psychology is my favourite subject and I'd recommend it to anyone if they have a genuine interest in studying people! I personally think it's also a great combination with Law! However, if you're not really a fan of science based subjects you may not enjoy it at exam time.

ReputationRep:
    Well I am planning to do Law and I am currently doing History, Geography, Psychology and Law. As you can see, I quite evidently enjoy writing essays and prefer humanities and social sciences to other subjects. What is the most important factor in terms of doing Law is that you get high grades and potentially high UMS too depending on the uni you are interested in. Essay based subjects are always recommended so something like History/Psychology would work very well. English Lit is a common option among aspiring Law candidates so do consider that. To show variety you could pick a language or a STEM subject. Good luck!!

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.