Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Told fwb I want him to be my boyfriend... watch

Announcements

Response: "Let's leave everything for the right time?"

Context: he lives in a different continent (we see each other infrequently but keep in touch online), I'm tied down in the UK atm by education, and he can't easily get a visa to live here. I know a relationship would be dumb, but I wanted him to know of my desire anyway. Do you reckon this response was a soft no, intended to string me along, or indicative of maybe wanting a relationship when we're living closer together or whatever?

ReputationRep:
    Definite Rejection

ReputationRep:
    Is he a Nigerian prince?

ReputationRep:
    What's the context? Why did you think it appropriate to ask him out?

ReputationRep:
    I would never advice anyone to get into a relationship with a FWB. It actually doesn't usually work. The guy gets what he wants without the relationship commitment. So why would he want more? If he wanted more and if he had liked you enough and thought you were suitable I am sure he would have asked you to be his girlfriend.

Also how can you be FWB if he lives on a different continent? Never heard of long distance FWB before.

Anyway, long distance relationships are also difficult and need to be build with a lot of trust and commitment.

(Original post by hellodave5)
    What's the context? Why did you think it appropriate to ask him out?
    Er, it was an expression of feelings really, I didn't expect it to lead to anything. Wanted him to know where I stand

(Original post by deathbeforeimmortality)
    I would never advice anyone to get into a relationship with a FWB. It actually doesn't usually work. The guy gets what he wants without the relationship commitment. So why would he want more? If he wanted more and if he had liked you enough and thought you were suitable I am sure he would have asked you to be his girlfriend.

Also how can you be FWB if he lives on a different continent? Never heard of long distance FWB before.

Anyway, long distance relationships are also difficult and need to be build with a lot of trust and commitment.
    We have sex sometimes and in between we sext and talk about life.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 20, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.