Turn on thread page Beta

Does anyone else have difficulty saying no??? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Like when people you know ask for favours or if you want to hang out & you feel guilty for saying "sorry I can't" or "sorry I'm not able to" etc. I feel bad/guilty as they are gonna get upset/angry but I wouldn't want to lie or do something I don't want to A double edged sword so to speak...
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    Like when people you know ask for favours or if you want to hang out & you feel guilty for saying "sorry I can't" or "sorry I'm not able to" etc. I feel bad as if they are gonna get upset/angry but I wouldn't want to lie or do something I don't want to A double edged sword so to speak...
    N.....N......N.....Argh I can't say it

ReputationRep:
    Just pretend that each time you say YES, a cute bunny rabbit gets run over by a HGV.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. I'd rather they're upset with me than me say yes, be miserable doing whatever I said yes to but really don't wanna be doing, and THEN they get upset with me. My friends know it usually isn't personal

Definitely me.
    A lot of people have told me I need to start saying no otherwise people will start to take advantage of me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    Like when people you know ask for favours or if you want to hang out & you feel guilty for saying "sorry I can't" or "sorry I'm not able to" etc. I feel bad/guilty as they are gonna get upset/angry but I wouldn't want to lie or do something I don't want to A double edged sword so to speak...
    Not really, NO!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    Yes, Alexander Hamilton has an entire song about his inability to say No to things

ReputationRep:
    Yep, and I hate myself for it sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    Yep People have taken advantage of me for it too in the past

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I end up feeling guilty. Some people know it and use that to get things.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes tbh. Some people will just take advantage of you in life whenever they want to use you,so it's always important to know who your true friends are and who the users are and just say no to them

ReputationRep:
    I don't, sometimes it's good to be selfish.

Probably going to hell of that sentence

ReputationRep:
    This is a good thing if your a woman, means your instinctually submissive which I like.

Obviously its about finding a man who makes you feel submissive without taking advantage.

I have no issues saying no.

Ah I have to say yes. I feel really bad saying no.... The guilt eats away at me. Urgh I hate it sometimes but most of the time it's worth it to see them smile or happy

ReputationRep:
    Not at all.

Sometimes. But then i make it obvious i'm not enjoying whatever it is so they usually end up getting annoyed anyway

ReputationRep:
    I've had 14 years (associated with ME/CFS onset) to get used to saying 'no' (go figure) :hand:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 20, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.